which camera strictly on IQ at high iso.

I have that lens also and find it great. I have a 50D,the 550d you have supposedly has better IQ than this. At f1.8 if you focus on something near the far away items will be blurred and vice versa. This is unavoidable but if you are a distance away such as at a concert or something you will probably find the focus plane is big enough to get away with a large aperture. Unfortunetly there are also conditions that any camera is unable to get a usable shot. I think with what you have you are fairly well equiped to capture low light shots. If 90% are blurred with this lens it could possibly be faulty, or if you have a dodgy filter attached it can fool the focus, this happenened to me with a cheap polaiser

The 5DmkII, is down to $1999 CDN at a store in my city. Might that put it close to your budget?

You have it good there probably because of customer base. Cheapest here 2050 euro or 2846 Canadian dollars

The usual price is $2699 or $2749....but it's being deeply discounted now...for some reason. In another thread, I speculated that maybe it's because they want the stores to clear their stock in preparation of a new model coming soon.

Big Mike said:
The usual price is $2699 or $2749....but it's being deeply discounted now...for some reason. In another thread, I speculated that maybe it's because they want the stores to clear their stock in preparation of a new model coming soon.

if i do happen to stretch my budget to mark II , problem is my 17-55 and 55-250 is not compatible with FF.... so its like changing the whole setup

You're right...that would be a silly thing to do. ;)

By the way, do you want to buy any of the following lenses;
EF-S 18-55mm
EF-S 17-85mm
EF-S 10-22mm
Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Sigma 30mm F1.4

(I made that mistake and upgraded to the 5DmkII) :x

Big Mike said:
You're right...that would be a silly thing to do. ;)

By the way, do you want to buy any of the following lenses;
EF-S 18-55mm
EF-S 17-85mm
EF-S 10-22mm
Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Sigma 30mm F1.4

(I made that mistake and upgraded to the 5DmkII) :x

thanks, i will message u if i need any of them...... anyone got any first hand experience with the d7000 vs the processors used in 600d,60d and 7d? i have seen many reviews saying the noise on nikon d7000 is actually better then the canons...... is it really true or is it just a fanboy thing ?

Most reactions

Back