Which camera to buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddoxTheGreat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey y'all!!

Just had a couple of questions if some of y'all could help me out! I have a one year old and i really want to get a good camera to start taking my own pictures of him. I want a good one i can grow with. Ive never had an photography experience either so its going to be tough but Im willing to put in some hours. Ive heard I should get a SLR or a DSLR that its better for taking pictures of kids. I want to take pictures of other stuff too but mostly my kid and family. So I was just wondering what would be a good choice for me to buy! Thanks!

Hey y'all!!

Just had a couple of questions if some of y'all could help me out! I have a one year old and i really want to get a good camera to start taking my own pictures of him. I want a good one i can grow with. Ive never had an photography experience either so its going to be tough but Im willing to put in some hours. Ive heard I should get a SLR or a DSLR that its better for taking pictures of kids. I want to take pictures of other stuff too but mostly my kid and family. So I was just wondering what would be a good choice for me to buy! Thanks!

I'd take a look at a Nikon D3200 to start with - will take outstanding pictures, has fully automatic modes and even a guide mode to walk you through things when your first starting out, and is very reasonably priced even when bundled with a kit lens. As you get a little more into photography you can always switch off automatic and start controlling more and more settings yourself, should be something you can grow with over time.

If you are photographing primarily your baby and your budget allows, an f/1.8 lens in my experience would be a lot of fun. It's a fast lens so even when your baby moves his or her head a lot, you might still capture sharp images with ease, on top of the effect called "bokeh" where the background is blurred. It's another $200 to your budget, but it's the cheapest type of lens around for any brand (Nikon, Canon, Sony) and well worth the fun you'll have shooting especially closeups.

Here are examples:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back