Which Camera to buy?

JMac4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im a beginner photographer take all my photos on a iPhone 6s and I'm looking to get a dedicated camera. I'm looking for a great beginner/long term camera that can take amazing pictures with ease and 4K video (for Mini movies). Does anyone have any ideas (price range: $500-$700

Hi and welcome to the forum.
What would be the budget for your camera/lens starter kit. And is there something you particularely like to photograph?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
What would be the budget for your camera/lens starter kit. And is there something you particularely like to photograph?
Price range $500-$700, I like taking scenery photo/video also of people (friends/family)

I´m very sorry, but that might be a little tough in regard to 4k videos. I do love to shoot 4k and it does make a difference, but how important is that to you?
I love the sony alpha mirrorless system. I´ve been shooting Canon DSLRs forever before, but almost made a complete transition in the last 2-3 years. The a6000 would be a very nice camera that is quite affordable. As with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages with every camera, this one is already 3 years old (but still sold as new) and the sony lens system is a bit more expensive than others for the moment. But other companies such as Sigma are starting to create lenses for the so called E-Mount Lens System and it will be getting much better very soon.

I´m very sorry, but that might be a little tough in regard to 4k videos. I do love to shoot 4k and it does make a difference, but how important is that to you?
I love the sony alpha mirrorless system. I´ve been shooting Canon DSLRs forever before, but almost made a complete transition in the last 2-3 years. The a6000 would be a very nice camera that is quite affordable. As with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages with every camera, this one is already 3 years old (but still sold as new) and the sony lens system is a bit more expensive than others for the moment. But other companies such as Sigma are starting to create lenses for the so called E-Mount Lens System and it will be getting much better very soon.
There's no camera that can take great photos and 4K video???? That are around 700??? Or less???

There's no camera that can take great photos and 4K video???? That are around 700??? Or less???
There is a saying in regard to great photos ;) - it´s the photographer that takes them, not the camera - but I guess you are referring to image quality.
If you are talking about DSLRs or Mirrorless (aka interchangeable lens cameras) from the big manufacturers like Canon, Nikon and Sony, I don´t know any. The ones that do 4k at the moment are much more expensive.

There is a saying in regard to great photos ;) - it´s the photographer that takes them, not the camera - but I guess you are referring to image quality.
If you are talking about DSLRs or Mirrorless (aka interchangeable lens cameras) from the big manufacturers like Canon, Nikon and Sony, I don´t know any. The ones that do 4k at the moment are much more expensive.
I think I'll get a mirrorless but which one there's 100s I need 4K

Should I go DSLR or Mirrorless???
I still don't know much about you, but in your budget, I don't see 4K video with a DSLR. You could investigate mirrorless cameras for that capability.

I think I'll get a mirrorless but which one there's 100s I need 4K

I bought the Sony A6000 and I love it. I had the amazing fortune of being able to upgrade the A6500. Now I have gifted the 6000 and am learning about the A6500 which is taking amazing pics, far beyond what I expected my capability allowed. I can strongly suggest the Sony A6000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh.

Mirrorless or DSLR is not an important choice; nobody can tell from a photo if you used a mirrorless or DSLR to take that photo.

And just for the record, I dont believe anyone who claims he needs to take 4K videos on a $700 budget. If you really actually need such a riddiculously high resolution (many claim they cant even see the difference between 1080p and 2160p at normal viewing distances) with such riddiculously high demands in storage capacity, you would have a much higher budget that would actually allow to create high quality videos in the first place.

The usual consumer grade lenses and only using the internal microphone of your camera ? Then 720p is quite frankly perfectly sufficient.

Meh.

Mirrorless or DSLR is not an important choice; nobody can tell from a photo if you used a mirrorless or DSLR to take that photo.

true, looking at a photo nobody can tell if it's shot with a mirrorless or DSLR camera but that's the point - why use a big DSLR when a smaller and lighter mirrorless can be just as good .... or better
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back