Which Camera?

*LoveMyLife09*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is probably a question asked a million times but I need opinions. I am starting a class in the summer and want to get a new camera before I start but I am having a hard time picking one. I was wanting the Cannon Rebel but I want to make sure there isn't something better at around the same price. I want to be able to shoot a little of everything, kids, nature, sports, etc. Opinions? Oh, my budget is about $500-$600 and I don't mind buying used. Also, which lenses should I invest in? Thanks

Just one 'N', and there is a whole stable full of Canon Rebels:
  • The XS
  • Just launced T3 (so the XS may go away)
  • XSi
  • T1i
  • T2i
  • T3i
Which lens will depend on what kind of photography you want to do.

I have enjoyed my Canon XTi (which, I think, the XSi replaced). A quick search of ebay shows you can pick one up with a kit lens for around $300-$400. If you play the bidding game right you might even be able to have enough left over for some decent glass to replace the kit lens (or if you can find just the body and save some money for the new lens). I have the 28-135 IS ultrasonic and it makes for a pretty useful "general" lens and with pretty great image quality for the price you pay.

Brian

You may also contact the class teacher for camera recommendation. Just in case. I remembered someone mentioned before the class he/she attend to required a film camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back