Which DSLR from Canon/Nikon within 500$

go4saket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am an absolute starter in the field of Photography. Infact I am not a photographer but like photography as a hobby, not profession. At present I have a Sony P200 P&S camera and am planning to buy a DSLR either from Canon or Nikon with a budget of Rs.20000 to Rs.30000 (400$ to 500$).

I prefer a Canon and want something that wouldnt be too difficult for a starter as well as something that can cater me even after I get some experience, not something that after some days of experience will give me an impression of a low end camera.

So all you experienced guys, please recommend me a good camera in this range.

Thanks.

Hi guys!

I am an absolute starter in the field of Photography. Infact I am not a photographer but like photography as a hobby, not profession. At present I have a Sony P200 P&S camera and am planning to buy a DSLR either from Canon or Nikon with a budget of Rs.20000 to Rs.30000 (400$ to 500$).

I prefer a Canon and want something that wouldnt be too difficult for a starter as well as something that can cater me even after I get some experience, not something that after some days of experience will give me an impression of a low end camera.

So all you experienced guys, please recommend me a good camera in this range.

Thanks.

I am not experienced which may or may not help you better. I decided to start sa new hobby and photgraphy was it. I got myself a Nikon D40/kit lens for around $500. I haven't been disappointed yet with my camera. The kit lens is superb and have had noting but success with it.

I would totally agree, for the money the D40 is an incredible camera and thats the camera I started with, over the last year I've been able to capture some amazing images....

another vote for the d40

Yea if you can find a D50(nikon dosent make them anymore) I would recomed that, its prettymuch like a D40 but has a motor in the camera insted of the lens so you would be able to use a larger range of lenses. I love my 50 and got mine refurbished for $500 and it came with alot of extras and that was from a camera store (dodd camera)

If you like Canon, you can get the Rebel XT or XTi. You should be able to find either of these for around $500. The XSi is the newer entry level model, but is a little above your budget.

You should definitely search on "What camera should I buy". There are tons of threads on this.

That being said, I would strongly recommend a good used D70S over a D40. D40 is a "fine" camera, but has some rather severe limitations that can become extremely annoying (such as a lack of an internal focus motor).

To know what camera to get is for you to decide. try them out and pick your favorite.

i personally would rather have an okay camera that i love than a really exspensive one i hate.

BTW it also depends on what you like to take pictures of

You will happy with either a Nikon or a Canon. If you're already leaning towards the canon then go with that. Just keep in mind that when you make a decision, you're not only making a decision for the current camera, but any camera purchase in the future...unless you want to buy a whole new arsenal of lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back