Which eye do you shoot with?

Which eye do you look through the viewfinder with?

• Left eye (and I'm left handed)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Right eye (and I'm left handed)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Left eye (and I'm right handed)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Right eye (and I'm left handed)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (live view...)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

AverageJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Curious as to what preference eye they choose to look through the viewfinder with. For some reason I think I switch occasionally.

You left out the Both or Either choice in your poll.

Some people are right eye dominant and some are left eye dominant and it has nothing to do with 'handedness'.

I'm right handed, but most often shoot with my left eye to the viewfinder, because I am left eye dominant and it feels 'natural'.

However, my right eye is right up against the back of the camera when I do that. So when I shoot sports I use my right eye at the viewfinder, so I can watch the action with my left eye, aiding antisipation of the action. It takes a conscious effort to use my right eye and it took practice to learn to leave both eyes open, but when I did my images were better and sales went up.

Why no "right eye, right handed option?"
That's the way I do...
:grumpy:

Right eye/Left hand is on there twice ... there is no right eye/right hand option.

...I can't remember if you can edit polls once they've been created or not.

No choice for "the open one"

I switch depending on what I am shooting and how steady I need to hold the camera.

p!nK

Can't seem to edit the poll, oh well. I added the handedness (is that a word?) thinking there might be a connection, or maybe this is a left brain right brain thing?

Most reactions

Back