Which focus looks better?

Lovelace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, guys. I went to a summer camp for artists and writers, and I took some photos of an interesting shadowbox. But I can't decide which picture is better. I'm going to have one featured in a small gallery of pictures from the trip, but I can't decide which one.

i75rh4.jpg

I like this one because you can see most of the bottles clearly, except for the bottom two.

zn1uok.jpg

But I like that you can see the bottom ones in more detail here, and I prefer the angle of this one.

What do you guys think? Which one looks better?

The dirty, streaky glass and lighting are very distracting from the objects in the shadowbox.

You don't have full view of the bottom objects in either photo.

I honestly don't prefer one over the other. Neither are very interesting.

I like the focus on the first one. Although the glass being clean might've helped the shot a bit. Either way I found it an interesting shot. Keep it up.

Malone and Amanda: regardless of whether you like it, which one would you choose if you had to? I can always tweak it in Photoshop to make the streaks less distracting. I kind of like them though. They add to the dingy, dirty look of the image, they're just too bright.

Malone and Amanda: regardless of whether you like it, which one would you choose if you had to?

Again, neither. The photos are very similar and neither stands out over the other.

Eeny, meenie, miney, moe!

If I had to choose one I would say the second one because the focus is farthest away from the streaks. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything if I did. I understand the whole dingy grunge thing but I think it was too distracting for this piicture because there are already a lot of things to look at :)

Hmm. Perhaps I'm being too picky here. I'll just edit both and see which one comes out better once I'm done messing around with the lighting.

The light hurts my eyes actually looking at it.

Most reactions

Back