Which is better, Photoshop or MSPaint?

That's awesome. :D

That really really is awesome. Would you like to do a painting from a photo? I took my wife out for valentines day/her birthday last night and got her a new tattoo. I've got some pretty cool shots of the guy working on her, if you'd want to turn one of those into a painting.

EXCELLENT PS skills by the way. That is seriously incredible. I'd love to see the PS file. How many layers, just out of curiosity?

BTilson, I might consider painting something like that...as long as it's somewhat visually interesting to begin with. Let's see it.

There were about 85 PS layers total. An average of three for each section of each object. For instance, the Lady's face has a base layer, which is a solid colour and can be adjusted later if I want. Then a shading layer for conveying the general contours of the face, then a makeup/detail layer and a specular highlight layer, for any glints of sunlight. That's my personal system and I paint everything like that. Others probably do it differently.

Thanks for the compliments though.

Last edited:
I'll go through them, tomorrow probably, and send you some thumbs of the good ones, then if you like any, I'll send you the full res version.

Just for fun, I thought I'd make a making-of animation. Check it out:
drawingAnimation.gif

Wee!

Isn't it pretty obvious that MsPaint is far more superior over Photoshop? I mean from a photographers point of view it wins hands down because pretty much everything you do in MsPaint is done manually and there are all kinds of features inside photoshop to help in "AUTO"mating your tasks.

But seriously though all kidding aside... nice work man, very artistic, and very nice on the eyes.

haha It's kind amazing how some people could do with such a simple program like mspaint :) and with some more editing in PS the result is both amusing and amazing lol.

Most reactions

Back