Which L-Series should I buy first?

Not denying the Nikon 14-24 Is a great lens, but has nothing to do with the original question. And your blanket statement about Canon lenses is laughable.....at best.

I could take an image shot with a 17-55, a 16-35, and the nikon 14-24 and lay out the final prints in front of you and you would never be able to tell the difference. Especially when judging by your post count over the last year..............seems you are less of a photographer and more of a key board jockey. I think folks that have actually used the 17-55 have way more of an idea about the image quality the lens is capable of producing.:thumbup:
According to a quick profile check, looks to be almost 25 posts just today! Spanning from about 9:30am till now (4:35PM) PST. Quite a productive way to spend your Friday!

What are you saying? I work for the government.... :p

LOL .... so anything wrong with shooting a 70-200 f/2.8L IS on a 7D, and a 24-70 f/2.8L on a 5DMKii?

I think this is where I may be going soon ...

Nothing so long as you are shooting the 70-200 mkII.:lol:

There is a reason the 24-70 is so popular among wedding photographers. If you are interested in doing weddings, you cannot go wrong with it - especially if you will be going to the 5D anytime soon. Personally, I prefer to work with primes, but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of my 24-70. I highly recommend it. Note, I can't say anything about how it compares to the 17-55, but I can say that its a high quality L series lens and I have been extremely happy with it.

There is a reason the 24-70 is so popular among wedding photographers. If you are interested in doing weddings, you cannot go wrong with it - especially if you will be going to the 5D anytime soon. Personally, I prefer to work with primes, but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of my 24-70. I highly recommend it. Note, I can't say anything about how it compares to the 17-55, but I can say that its a high quality L series lens and I have been extremely happy with it.

This is what I worry about for my 17-55 2.8, the thing just seems like it would break easy and/or be damaged by the elements.

In the end L glass is probably the best choice if you can afford it, because it also brings with it the use of a FF body in the future.

Build Quality + FF Compatible = Win

Most reactions

New Topics

Back