Which lens would you pack?

28-105mm f3.5-4.5 would be my choice, 100-400mm sounds good too as I love this lense and cant wait until I get mine but be assured you couldnt leave it alone for 5mins.

Both if possible, but if it comes down to taking one I'd personally go for the 50mm - especially since the f1.4 could be very useful given the relatively limited amount of daylight at this time of year, and for indoors and handheld night shots. Enjoy the trip btw! And watch out for the cyclists, they stop for no one :)

the 58mm 1.4, since it's the only lens i've got a polarizer & ND filter for

but i'd also take my 28mm because you can't do landscape shots without it

last time i went on a trip i took all my lenses, big mistake, they're steel and heavy and bulky... plastic lenses rule on hiking trips

panzershreck said:
the 58mm 1.4, since it's the only lens i've got a polarizer & ND filter for

but i'd also take my 28mm because you can't do landscape shots without it

last time i went on a trip i took all my lenses, big mistake, they're steel and heavy and bulky... plastic lenses rule on hiking trips

Only one problem with this responce. She does not have a 58mm or a 28mm. His two choices were: 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 or 50mm f1.4 though I like your reason for the light lenses. My question for you is why do you have a ND for a f/1.4 lens. Kinda interesting. What level of ND? I have a 8X ND but I have it for a f4.5 lens whch I often use for waterfalls and landscapes.

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Only one problem with this responce. He does not have a 58mm or a 28mm. His two choices were: 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 or 50mm f1.4 though I like your reason for the light lenses.

He? :lol:

MyCameraEye said:
Only one problem with this responce. She does not have a 58mm or a 28mm. His two choices were: 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 or 50mm f1.4 though I like your reason for the light lenses. My question for you is why do you have a ND for a f/1.4 lens. Kinda interesting. What level of ND? I have a 8X ND but I have it for a f4.5 lens whch I often use for waterfalls and landscapes.

Scott

yeah i was saying what i would take from my own batch of lenses, my bad

out of his choices i'd take the 28-105mm simply out of flexibility

i hike all the time, the lighter the better is the basic rule of equipment, there is no reason for something to be heavy unless it's the only choice you've got, even if it means spending more money, it's worth it, we've even used small 2"x2"x1" one-use stoves, not very good actually, better to start a fire than use it, but we try anyways

i like longer shutter speeds, 4x

Remember that photography did exist before zooms. Some people even went their entire lives using only a single focal length. ;) I'd be more worried about needing a fast lens than any particular focal length. Then again, I'd take the regular zoom and the prime.

Most reactions

Back