Which new lens?

Some of the third party lenses are great. They can be better than OEM optics. My favorites have been Tokina, but they don't make nearly the variety that Sigma does.

Tamron seems to be focusing mostly on the "do-it-all" lenses, which is a shame. Even a very good lens like that is not going to be of the highest optical quality.

I am sure you're looking at the savings factor, so Zeiss probably isn't what you are looking at.

As well as the USABILITY factor. I don't get why people post about Zeiss lenses for people that aren't movie makers or still life photographers. The price point is so high, and the ease of every day, practical use is fairly low.

Manual focus is cool and all, but also kind of useless if the majority of people buy DSLR cameras expecting them to autofocus with their lenses.

Would it be the same reasons for why people drive Harleys?

I don't know why people drive Harley's at all. They're incredibly annoying. I guess kinda like avid Zeiss fans?

I am sure you're looking at the savings factor, so Zeiss probably isn't what you are looking at.

As well as the USABILITY factor. I don't get why people post about Zeiss lenses for people that aren't movie makers or still life photographers. The price point is so high, and the ease of every day, practical use is fairly low.

Manual focus is cool and all, but also kind of useless if the majority of people buy DSLR cameras expecting them to autofocus with their lenses.

Would it be the same reasons for why people drive Harleys?

Zeiss would be more like a Goldwing then a harley. Someone that buys nothing but nikon lenses or canon lenses exclusively would be more like a harley rider, brand centric.

The only off brand I own is a Tokina and I love it. Built like a tank.

Well, back to OP question.

For me, when I choose a lens, brand is not the first priority. Since photography is just a hobby for me, so I choose lens based the best price per performance for on my need.

I think you need to first determine what focal length or range you need and for what purpose. Then look for lenses that meet that criteria and research on them (including price). Then find the best price per performance based on your own situation. It varies from person to person. And there is no such thing of if a lens worth it or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back