What's new

which one do you like better?

Choose which one I should enter into a contest:

  • Sumo Baby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Light of the World

    Votes: 6 85.7%

  • Total voters
    7
  • Poll closed .

scottmcc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can enter one of these two in an upcoming contest, but not both. I'm leaning one direction, others around me are leaning in a different direction. the category is "people." I'm highly biased since the subject in both is my darling daughter. thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • $light of the world-cc.webp
    $light of the world-cc.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
  • $sumo baby-cc.webp
    $sumo baby-cc.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 115
Good choice using a baby picture. Everyone loves a baby picture. It is hard to choose for me, both are quite nice.......:thumbup:
 
The left photo with black background..
 
thanks all who replied. it seems the votes are rather skewed towards the rim-lit portrait, which was where I was leaning myself. thanks again--hope it turns out well!
 
They both affect me in different ways. Hard to pick. I am a fan of one light dramatic lighting, but the sumo baby makes me smile. lol
 
Something like this is just SO hard to decide unless you know something about how the contest is going to be judged. Is this a "fan vote" kind of contest? If so, I'd almost certainly go with the Sumo baby, because--as Pally mentioned--it will make people smile and that will get votes.

If it's being judged by photography "experts" then it still kinda depends on what exactly they're looking for and the personal taste of the judges. If it was me, I'd probably submit "Light of the World" if it's a judged contest, and Sumo Baby if it's more of a popularity/voting thing.
 
2 gets my vote as well, but feels maybe a lil dark?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom