Which One Is Better?

anth_333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all :)
Just wondering which of these two is more appealing, the black and white image or the one with colour?

Just need opinions.
Critique is also welcomed and appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like the color one better, except for the pink tones toward the bottom... maybe try it with those desaturated?

I prefer the colour version as well.

I also agree with the comment on the pink; have you tried making one with all cool tones? You might be able to do it by shifting the reds/yellows/magnetas in a hue/saturation layer towards cooler colours.

Okay thanks guys I will do that now then I will re upload.

I would have voted for the b&w myself - don't think the color adds anything to the image, which is about lines, shapes and shadows. However, for either one I'd crop the top a little to get rid of some of the white sky (enough to get rid of that dark spot in the middle - otherwise clone that out). I think that would also improve the composition.

agree with KenC- think the b/w is better. the colours dont add much and i like the contrast of bw better.

I prefer the B&W version. Might try some different crops as well. I like the geometry and concept, but perhaps it would pop more if not centered. Love how the view through the window fades away.

Definitely like the edit best... then again I prefer desaturated or duo-tone images to B&W most of the time. To me, in this pic, this adds to the mood of the picture... you're saying "yeah, this is in color, but you won't find much of it here." which matches the mood of the composition, I think. Also could do with some cloning out of the spots on the windows, if you want to put more work into it.

I prefer the colour, helps differentiate between the wall and ceiling.

Thanks Everyone for the input :).

Most reactions

Back