which one would you choose??

To be frank, none of them. I'd suggest waiting 'til the budget is a bit fatter and look for something a little more solid; Alien Bees, Opus, or similar with modeling lights and easily replaceable flash tubes. As well, 100 - 160 WS is pretty much at the bottom end of the power spectrum. I would look for at least 200 watts plus.

the flashpoint 320, $140 one, has a modeling light.... i can always move up to more powerful stuff later,, mostly my shots will be in doors with some natural light,.... it should be ok... at least i can buy, try it out and return.

To be frank, none of them. I'd suggest waiting 'til the budget is a bit fatter and look for something a little more solid; Alien Bees, Opus, or similar with modeling lights and easily replaceable flash tubes. As well, 100 - 160 WS is pretty much at the bottom end of the power spectrum. I would look for at least 200 watts plus.

I agree I thought I was getting a great deal when I bought my smith victor kit. I MEAN 3 MONO LIGHTS FOR $300?!? But they just aren't worth a dime. build quality is that of garbage there actually is hot glue coming out from the seams and they are just a pain to work with. Id recommend saving up. I wish thats what id done.

the flashpoint 320, $140 one, has a modeling light.... i can always move up to more powerful stuff later,, mostly my shots will be in doors with some natural light,.... it should be ok... at least i can buy, try it out and return.
you could just buy speed lights your D90 can wirelessly control them.

the 320m has gotten really good reviews though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back