Which photo manipulating software to use

Andre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I would like to learn to manipulate and enhance my digital images but I have no experience in this at all. Since there are so many software packages (photoshop, GIMP, etc.) out there I wanted to get some opinions on some good choices. My preference is to use something mainstream that has a lot of tutorials and support.
Thanks
Andre

What is your price range? I needed something free so I chose GIMP and I love it. I've used CS4 before and so far there isn't anything that CS4 can do that GIMP can't, as long as you know where to look. There are entire websites devoted to the tutorials for it and I've been able to find a tutorial for everything I've wanted to do. It's a great program, and costs nothing.

there is also a very nice free program called photoscape, it has some simple videos to show you how to use the features.

it may do all you need to do for now and then when you out grow it there are others with dollar signs.

what came with your camera? have you tried that ?

I've used CS4 before and so far there isn't anything that CS4 can do that GIMP can't, as long as you know where to look.
Try editing your images in a 16-bit color depth. ;)

Andre, there is a consumer version of Photoshop called Elements.

Google's Picasa also has some editing functions and is also free.

I've used CS4 before and so far there isn't anything that CS4 can do that GIMP can't, as long as you know where to look.
Try editing your images in a 16-bit color depth. ;)

Andre, there is a consumer version of Photoshop called Elements.

Google's Picasa also has some editing functions and is also free.

Seeing as I'm not using, and I assume the OP isn' using, a medium format camera or RAW, that really isn't of any worry to me ;).

Most reactions

Back