Which version is better?

Amber_Cullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I went for a walk on a trail, there you can see an old railroad that has been abandoned for a loooong time. I took some pics but I'm not sure which version I like better:

Color:
2862741600_c015153d9c.jpg

BW:
2861302170_72726b27d7.jpg

...I'm not sure either!!! LOL!! I like them both!!! Maaaaybe the b&w??

:thumbup:

I was about to say B&W, but after reading the other posts I changed my mind. The foreground is nice in the B&W but the back looks a little flat.

Thanks everyone! I have to agree that I think I like the color version better, lol

Colour for me too.. Did you try Sepia.. ;)

color for me too. the leaves blend in with the black at the end of the track. maybe if the leaves were lighter?

Color, the B&W version just seems too dark.

I think I like the color more, except looking at it, I feel like you ought to nudge the tint up or down a tad. It just seems like the color photo wants to have a vintage feel to it, but doesn't. I think if you did that, I'd much prefer the color version. But as is, I think I'd take the black and white.

great shot, by the way.

I'm going to be a little different here and say I like the B&W better. I find bother photos flat in the background but it does not really bother me in either photo. I think I'd like to see the picture take with the camera down closer to the tracks and then I don't think the "flat" background would stand out as much. It's hard to say without being in this exact location. Also train tracks have been photographed so much it's hard to get a great photo that is truley unique or different. It appears to be a bridge which makes me think there might be some great shots from below looking up at it or whatever it goes over. Did you happen to take any?

Great Work

-TAG

That is pretty hard... but I like the colour one. Cos then you can kind of grasp what kind of wood that is... and I dunno, it just seems to speak 'louder' about nature that way. The vibrancy in its colours. It's part of its magic. The B&W strips that away and is visually stylish yet... doesn't say as much. To me.

Most reactions

Back