Which would you rather have???

You're kidding, right?

Won't your instructor find fault with your using an internet forum for your research?

Or if you are the instructor, won't your employer?

Just for giggles, why would you want a digital camera in one of the worst environments for it? Full time? Humid to the point of being wet is not good for electronics. Nor is having to have a computer and network or at least an expensive printer and steady supply of ink and reliable enough electricity to plug it all into to keep from ruining your nice electronics.

You say it's cheap to live there (assuming I would want to abandon my family. NOT) yet one must still make a living. Is it your intent that we should hang a shingle to teach photography? With one lens? Do you plan to sell portraits to the nice tourists? Or macros to a magazine? Wildlife maybe? With one 'quality' lens?

I hope there is no crime there because the rig you're talking about would equal several years salary for your average inhabitant and would be quite the temptation.

Maturity indeed sir. Consequence and responsibility are part and parcel, perhaps you might consider these along with you original question.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this... But you have waaay to much time on your hands. IT'S FREAKIN' HYPOTHETICAL. All I wanted was an A, B, C, or D.

Thank you everyone else (kvno, Mikebcos, and racephoto) for providing real answers. Very helpful. (even though racephoto didn't give an option, his description still helped...GOOD POINTS!!!)

I guess I would go for the 50-100 because it would be the closest to a "walk around" lens. The others would limit me too much, so I'm making a compromise.

17-50 because I like to get close to bikini girls.. err.. wildlife..

.....IT'S FREAKIN' HYPOTHETICAL. All I wanted was an A, B, C, or D.
But this response has determined that your original question is not a hypothesis, as you are limiting the posibilities of argument, discussion and investigation. What you are asking is a conditional proposition.

"An hypothesis being a mere supposition, there are no other limits to hypotheses than those of the human imagination." --J. S. Mill.

I'd take my Nikon anyway.

But this response has determined that your original question is not a hypothesis, as you are limiting the posibilities of argument, discussion and investigation. What you are asking is a conditional proposition.

"An hypothesis being a mere supposition, there are no other limits to hypotheses than those of the human imagination." --J. S. Mill.

I'd take my Nikon anyway.

Is this one of those; if a rooster lays an egg on top of the chicken coop in a strong northerly wind, which way would the egg roll -- jokes?

We all know roosters don't lay eggs, and neither would I be stranded on a tropical island with a canon- because I'm not leaving the desert.

Hypothetical lens for me.... 17-500mm L f/1 IS P

"P" for optically perfect... :lol:

Can I use this when you're done with it?

17-50, useful for more things, but maybe tempted for the biggest lense if exotic birdlife.

17-50. Can I buy an extended better attidute for the OP to come with it or would that cost too much? Hypothetically, that would be asking too much, though

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back