Whisper [C&C Please]

jas00n_86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is an Engagement picture we shot a few weekends ago. They are good friends of ours and we would like to frame this photo to give as a wedding gift. Your thoughts please!

WhisperPicture.jpg

-Jason

They will probably enjoy it. The woman is a bit less in focus than the man. I wouldn't recommend trying sharpening, unless it could just be restricted to the eyes.

If you have available, an editing program such as photoshop, and a 'healing' or 'cloning' tool, the woman's skin blemishes might be smoothed out. In a large sized print, they'd be pretty noticeable. And this is one of the reasons why sharpening over all probably wouldn't work out.

There are other techniques for smoothing, such as using blurring on a separate layer, changing blend modes, and varying opacity.

I agree about the blemishes. A few could easily be removed without making her look odd. The picture is a beautiful capture though, and I am sure they would love it. I would try the unsharp mask in PS, see if it makes the woman any less blurry. It could just make it look grainy though. I'd print it in a 5x7 so that the out-of-focusness of the woman doesnt stand out as much.

Again though, beautiful capture!!

That will be an awesome gift - the composition is perfect and really highlights the intimacy. I wouldn't get rid of the "blemishes," they look like freckles anyway and I think getting rid of that naturalness makes this photo in particular less real. I would spot-sharpen the area around her eyes ever so slightly though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back