White Balance Cap

hombredelmar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was looking to find a review, good or bad, for a white balance cap but was unsuccessful.
Wanted to hear from those who actually used this product
Thanks.

Bought one years ago, I do not know where it is now.

I've never used one, but I think there are multiple methods to obtain a custom WB.

I have a white card for when I shoot video but for photos I don't bother. RAW images and PS take care of any WB issues.

I have a white card for when I shoot video but for photos I don't bother. RAW images and PS take care of any WB issues.

RAW files do help to get perfect WB in post but it that cap really works it can safe time!

did you use it, does it do the job?

one or two times. As told by others too, there are other ways to adjust white balance on RAW - if you have a white object in the image, it is way easier. With the cap you could set a custom white balance and then use it for subsequent pictures, but it is good only if conditions do not change - i.e., in a controlled environment. And the same can be done by taking pictures of any white object.

I have an Expodisc I bought when they went on sale.. It works great, but I tend to get lazy and just use kelvin.

Save yourself some money and get one of these. Use a box cutter and cut a flat piece out of the lid. When it gets old and dirty get a new one.

Joe

dart-90htpf1-perforated-hinged-lid-take-out-container-9-x-9-x-3-200-case.jpg

An acquaintance of mine raved about hers for a long time, then started shooting Kelvin I believe.

I borrowed hers once but I usually tweak WB to my artistic liking in post anyways, so for me it would be a waste.

I did read once that you could use a Pringles cap the same way. But I don't recommend eating the Pringles, msg is a neurotoxin. ;-)

Last edited:
I did read once that you could use a Pringles cap the same way. But I don't recommend eating the Pringles, msg is a neurotoxin. ;-)
I have a Pringles lid sitting in front of me with a spare behind me. :D I don't know if I've ever done a comparison, though. Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my ExpoDisc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back