whitening teeth in cs2

emogirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imageevent.com
I have a request to whiten smokers teeth on a shoot over the weekend...how do I do that? I'm using cs2. In the past I have simpler made a selection and brighten and that worked ok, but i need to make yellow teeth white....

make a new adjustment layer, and choose hue/saturation, go to yellow channel, turn it all the way down, then go to master channel, and turn up lightness some, then mask off the parts of the image you don't want whitened.

You may want to also turn down the red channel's saturation a bit too, maybe even the overall's saturation.

Fastest way is to dodge at 20 percent on a layer.
Do it all the time.
Have fun!!!! (It's not. :-( )

Dodging is the fastest method (like what elsaspet has recommended). Create a layer with 50% gray overlay. Dodge the teeth. :)

Dodging is fine, but you are removing detail. It's good to brighten teeth a bit, but you should first remove the yellow. I like to use a selective color adjustment layer. I go to the "whites" and remove yellow and some red, and if there is still some cast, I will go to yellow and remove yellow and red. I usually go too far with this, and then reduce the opacity. Combined with some slight dodging, it works well.

make a new adjustment layer, and choose hue/saturation, go to yellow channel, turn it all the way down, then go to master channel, and turn up lightness some, then mask off the parts of the image you don't want whitened.

This is nearly how I do it. The only difference is I've been doing the lightening in the yellow channel.

Pete

Most reactions

Back