Who brews?

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if anyone on this forum brewed (beer, wine, cider, mead) and if so what their favorite recipes were.

I have in the past, but not currently. As a Chef, with a lot of Chef buddies, we had some real fun experiments, and some that were more suited for the sink, but because of the alcohol we drank it.

One that sticks out was a pilsner with ginger and oarnge. Very lite flavor, but actually had some spicy kick.

Lemme see if I have any old shots and or recipes.

Indeed, and worth the wait when things go wrong. The only issue was,we would normally consume the whole batch in an evening, lol.

Once I get settled in here, I might do up something in the basement and do some more experimenting.

I have a batch going right now that should probably be destined for the sink... It'll get drunk though. Looking forward to my first all grain batch of beer.

My buddy brews. Pretty good stuff.

I tried making root beer once. It was a horrible disaster! Came home from class one day and found that three or four bottles had exploded in the basement. Sticky glass was everywhere!

I accidentally made wine a couple of times - fruit juice that fermented on its own :D

My buddy brews. Pretty good stuff.

I tried making root beer once. It was a horrible disaster! Came home from class one day and found that three or four bottles had exploded in the basement. Sticky glass was everywhere!

I've had that happen to me with a ginger ale... Beer is much better in that there isn't enough sugar left over to make the bottles explode if you've done it right. Plus it is pretty tasty :)

I brew coffee... ;)

I brew farts and beer. I've not done the beer for a year or two. I planned to do it for a car show but did a friut wine thing from a packet instead. It was not nice... I've deleted the picture I had of it fermenting. Someone commented on why I was fermenting wallpaper paste.

I much prefer the complexities of a good beer to the simplicity of wine :D

Most reactions

Back