who can i photograph if .....

NostalgicSoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i really love portrait photography and i want to get clients for it. a lot of people say that they start off by taking pics of their friends and family to show to clients. but right now i have no friends and my family is in another state than i am. so where should i go to get clients if i have no pics to show them? i really want to do this, i have been thinking about it for a while but i just dont know who to photograph in this condition .. what would you guys suggest i do? please dont judge me.

Unless you are a hermit living in a cave on the top of a mountain there must be people you see every day. Of those some you must talk to -- the girl in the coffee shop. The kid in the gas station. The cashier at the supermarket. Tell them who you are, what you do and what you want. Im sure some will be glad to pose for you for a free pic in return. You have to start somewhere. Otherwise you can join a meetup group who is having a photo session using a model. It might cost you $50 for a day but you will get a boatload of pics.

You can join Model Mayhem for free and search for "models" in your area. There are many photogs and models on there that just want to do portfolio building work or "time for photos" type deals.

thanks for the suggestions . i'll look up on model mayhem and meet up groups in my area :)

What about a local camera club? Not only might it give you some contacts and social interaction with other local photographers, but many camera clubs will run lighting or portrait/studio type workshops and event days. Great not only to get some experience, but also to get to try out some other gear and lighting setups other than what you currently own.

that sounds like a great idea Overread , i'll look into that too .

Volunteer at a local community theater. They're always looking for headshot and performance stuff. i.e. a few from a local high school I volunteer for:

$535238443_rxduE-O-2.jpg

$534889768_ZzTX8-O-6.jpg

$1117623321_KbLmA-O.jpg

$880231844_DJSxH-L.jpg

Gary

Volunteer at a local community theater. They're always looking for headshot and performance stuff. i.e. a few from a local high school I volunteer for:

Good idea! and good shots!

Um, make some friends would be a good start. Not just for your photography, but for your mental health and life in general.

Checkout meetup.com and look up things that interest you in your local area. You'll find all kinds of neat stuff.

These are good stuffs;)

View attachment 13324

View attachment 13320

View attachment 13322

View attachment 13323

Gary

Those are from a high school?????
Boy was I missing out. ಠ_ಠ

Yep, Whitney High School, Cerritos, CA. WHS is the #1 public high school in California (per testing).

Gary

LShooter said:
Um, make some friends would be a good start. Not just for your photography, but for your mental health and life in general.

Checkout meetup.com and look up things that interest you in your local area. You'll find all kinds of neat stuff.

LOL

Most reactions

Back