who gets the check, Guy vs Girl?

I say after a couple months of dating you should split the bills. Maybe not each time, but you pay once, she pays next time. I am a girl...24 yrs ;)

I was in a relationship for 3 years, and she paid once in a while, but really, really had to twist my arm for it. If I had it my way, I always would have paid. And it's not a generational thing either, I was born in 1985. It's modern chivalry. Hold doors, pull out chairs, let her sit first, and pay.

Hats off to you, pal! I tried the 'modern chivalry' when I first came to this country. I got yelled at by a lady just because I opened the door for her. I still do it but I am being careful. :lol:

As for paying, I like to pay for my wife (before and after becoming my wife) and she doesn't mind it. Once in a while she tries to pay for me but I don't let her. That's how I've been raised.

Well, I pay for everything now. We have joint accounts and all that. The only question is whose card to use - it's the same money either way. I work and she stays home with our daughter, so it's all "my" money - but I see it more as 'family funds'. We usually don't have much extra to blow on things like eating out anyway...

Even when I was younger and dating, I always paid. It just didn't feel right to make the girl pay. I guess I always felt that it was my responsibility to provide.

hmm i see.. thanks for your input........you see i am basically a new generation....(1984) although growing up i see that it was the better thing to do....but i dont know. Maybe your right finding things to do that does not involve with money.......give me acouple of hints on what we can do that does not cost money......=0/

i am sorry i have been so frustrated and trying to come to a better understanding right now...that all....:(

Say it with me.."I cannot afford it"..... Don't be afraid to use those words. That's how you know you're in a real relationship. If she's pisst off because you never have money to do anything she's a waste of your time. That's when you really find out if your girl really loves you or only for what you can give her. Don't be afraid to say I can't afford that right now... or even say maybe we can go dutch. Everyone's pocket is hit hard right now make the best of all your town has to offer. In the city it's easy we have museums... I love museums... Plus at times you might find a gallery show with wine and cheese... It's not a meal but it's free. Look into what's in your town that offers free events. Good luck and dont' be mad... the sh*t gets worse with women as you get older. Save your energy your gonna need it.

When my husband and I were dating, we took turns paying. We never really thought about it...it was just whoever had the money or who's payday it was.
Now that we are married I pay for all the meals (shhhh, it's a secret because he hands me his paycheck every week so actually it's really his money paying for it) What?¿ You don't think I would trust him with all that money now do you? I mean afterall....we dated for 5 years...I know how he is. :lmao:

with my ex, sometimes I'd pay, sometimes she'd pay. I hung out with a girl for a little while a few months ago. We went and got some drinks and appetizers and when the bill came I took it. She said she'd pay but I'm old fashioned (even though I'm only 22) so I told her I'd get it. And she went "Its ok, I'll get it, I make more than you anyways." :shock: lets just say that comment didn't sit with me too well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back