Who should win?

Which photo would you vote for?

Votes: 13 44.8%

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Thanks for all the replies - I guess I can say now that my photo is #2, the snorkelling one. Perhaps it's jsut not a very good photo but it was one that I always particularly liked. Perhaps an explanation may help convey the story to the viewer as I guess it's not clear to anyone else what I see when I look at the shot.
I took it of my girlfriends little brother on christmas day last year (christmas is in the middle of summer for us upside-downers). We spent the morning snorkelling in the pristine waters of the marlbrough sounds in order to catch some fish with the spearguns and some mussels and crayfish (rock lobster, yum) for a tradtional christmas dinner.

Maybe it just means that the photo is more of a snapshot because it doesn't convey any of that :scratch: I dunno. Or maybe it's just one of those photos that needs a caption to go with it.

Well, if you want some insight as to why I like #1, it's because it is the only picture I felt had a story. I could see progress, or a journey -- the empty footholes leading up to the subject suggests movement. There is good texture in the foreground, and it is kind of cool that he appears to be higher than the horizon. He's also placed well according to the rule of thirds.

The other photos just don't have that kind of movement.

It's the only one that really shows me anything specific to a summer I would relate to.

The second one is close, but he is wearing a wetsuit (could be any other time of the year) and he looks dead, so...

Fair enough thanks for your explanation.

BTW I don't mind being told why my photo sucks or fails to deliver, I seem to have scared everyone off since I revealed which shot was mine.

Most reactions

Back