Who Steals My Things???

nice long exposure shot :)

I would maybe try a background contrasting more with the flasks of nailpolish, like a blue one, or even black.

Did some Ghost exposures myself recently, but I am unfortunately not allowed to post them since they show the messy room of someone who would kill me ;) . But long exposure is certainly fun :)

Well, Alex, to tell you the truth about that cloth: it IS black!
I don't know why it came out this orange, or why the whole photo came out this orange. We had set the white balance to "tungsten" before this (which she had forgotten for her first attempts, like she had also forgotten to switch on the "flower" - so she'd be able to get close enough), and she has one short exposure with flash which shows the cloth in its normal colour.
These long exposures with flash at the start though, and then 6 seconds at f8, all came out this orange.

She did use her desk lamp, an orange "ball" (her newest light source), the ceiling lights ... well, yes, and those milliseconds of flash right at the beginning of the exposure.

(And she would not be able to tell you all this in English, meine kleine Deern ;) ;) ;)).

Well, Alex, to tell you the truth about that cloth: it IS black!
I don't know why it came out this orange, or why the whole photo came out this orange. We had set the white balance to "tungsten" before this

Hmm, but flash is not supposedly the same as tungsten, is it?

Or maybe you mixed too many different types light sources, then sometimes getting a proper white balance can be a pain.

And she would not be able to tell you all this in English, meine kleine Deern

well, she could have told me in German as you know ;)

BTW, one could also leave away the flash since nothing is moving fast in that image. you could give it a 12 second exposure and leave the ghost objects in there for , say 4 up to 8 seconds.

She had fun playing, so she might consider doing it again :D.
I'm glad she asked me for the Powershot.
And later came to ask me for the little table tripod (after she had realised her flashed photos looked ... cr ...erm: ugly and that handholding the intended photos would not work, either ;)).

Interesting. She is your daughter, LaFoto? It is good to see the creativity starting early.

She's more into drawing and painting, though.
And whatever ... it's early stages as yet. She's still only just 13.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back