Who still uses the "Internet Explorer' internet Browser?

I only use IE at work as some of our corporate apps require it - ActiveX, etc.. I prefer Firefox.

IE for earning money (work)

FF for spendiing money (photography)

I have a friend who is still too stubborn to give up IE. Despite their recent upgrade to tabbed browsing, Firefox still has much better protection when dealing with pop-ups and such. And I'm not sure about IE, but FF has a feature where I can add my favorite sites to the top of my browser as buttons, located right under the address bar (which is really nice).

I don't know why anyone would still use IE, haha.

EDIT: And yes.. I am guilty of using IE when I must access rare sites that Firefox will not display properly.

I actually use Mozilla (the full suite with mail, calendar, etc.) at home for about 90% of what I do. My wife uses firefox, as it enables us to keep our cookies and bookmarks seperate. I also use Konqueror (the KDE Browser) occasionally and once in a blue moon I fire up Lynx. I haven't looked at Opera in years. Probably because last time I did it wasn't really free. I've got IE7 on the windows machines, and a use it for a few games that I can't play in FF bcause of stupid ActiveX nonsense. Oh, and IE6 at work because they refuse to upgrade anything around here.

I use Firefox. We have IE at work though, and I hate it. I don't know what version it is, but it's not the one that has tabs. I keep trying to open a link in a new tab and I can't. Very frustrating - lol.

I use Safari! Well, on my Mac anyways... lol. And for the record, it does work with hotmail - you should give it another shot, Sideburns.

I actually use a variety of browsers, depending on where and what I'm working on.

Home on my Mac = Safari
Home on my PC = Firefox
At work on the PC = Crap (Internet Explorer, incase you needed a translation for that)

Jason

Opera anyone?

I tend to stay out of the browser wars but that page REALLY had to stretch to make some of its points. Some made no point at all IMO.

Myth - "Firefox Achieved 150 million downloads in January of 2006" - Example

Reality - "Oops. We recently introduced a bug into the counter and it's being fixed. We're not quite there yet. Sorry for the confusion. We accidentally counted the 20 million people who updated from Firefox 1.5 to Firefox 1.5.0.1 this week."

So they went from one Really Big Number to another Really Big Number. gotcha.

Personally I use FF at home and IE7 at work (required by the position). I also have used Safari, Opera, Netscape and some others that have since disappeared.

The Firefox myths page is old and widely debunked. Just Google search. :)

I use Firefox on all my computers. The only one where it lags is on the Mac, but I'm so used to it that I just deal.

I went from IE, to FF, SF, OP,back to FF and now I'm on Camino. Which I like a lot. Seems faster than both safari and Firefox. Both of which seemed to get buggy after awhile.

not many peopel sitll use IE. i think jsut the corporates for security reasons and people who arn't computer savvy. the general consensus is Firefox, and some people use Opera like above but not as many as Firefox users

That is certainly not true. IE is still the most used browser based on actual statistics. IE (versions 5-7) used by 56%

Browser Use Statistics for December 2007
IE7 21.0%
IE6 33.2%
IE5 1.7%
Fx 36.3%
Moz 1.4%
S 1.7%
O 1.4%

Most reactions

New Topics

Back