Who Would Have Thought?

And yet not ONE pic. Zero. Nada. In the age of even toenails having their 15 minutes of fame, not one photo of a drone near a plane. Funny, that. Talk about manipulation. I'm sure it's happened, but it's the exception more than the rule. I can't imagine taking the media at its word, no proof presented. But it happens every day, 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Large airliners? Are they serious? Did not realize those dinky little drones could make it to 30,000 feet, or that any pilot would even be able to spot something that small at around 500 mph

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

... town wanted a photo of his place to look at and somehow and illegal sparrow dropped the drugs onto the drone.
Sparrow is too small
It's probably an African Swallow or a European Swallow.

... town wanted a photo of his place to look at and somehow and illegal sparrow dropped the drugs onto the drone.
Sparrow is too small
It's probably an African Swallow or a European Swallow.

Well now two sparrows, carrying a drone in between them, say on a piece of string.. hmm...

I caught my friend charlie sending his Drone to the moon and my other friend Bob returning to base with aliens.:icon_mrgreen:

11796454_121662941509949_165042293411216550_n.jpg
11745399_118258878517022_458334750059962684_n.jpg

Large airliners? Are they serious? Did not realize those dinky little drones could make it to 30,000 feet, or that any pilot would even be able to spot something that small at around 500 mph
No, it's usually on approach or takeoff when they're spotted. And there "have" been many instances of it happening, I do believe that. Mine will go to about 1600ft altitude, if allowed. Other brands have no such limitations, I've heard. But there is simply no way to catch and prosecute these idiots that fly at high altitude near airports without some kind of proof. How can they fine them, or prosecute them, with no evidence? I'm all for catching them and making them pay big time! But the problem isn't the end of the world as the media is making it out to be! As soon as the next "scary" thing comes along, they'll drop the drones and move on to scare the public about it!

No, it's usually on approach or takeoff when they're spotted. And there "have" been many instances of it happening, I do believe that. Mine will go to about 1600ft altitude, if allowed. Other brands have no such limitations, I've heard. But there is simply no way to catch and prosecute these idiots that fly at high altitude near airports without some kind of proof. How can they fine them, or prosecute them, with no evidence? I'm all for catching them and making them pay big time! But the problem isn't the end of the world as the media is making it out to be! As soon as the next "scary" thing comes along, they'll drop the drones and move on to scare the public about it!
So each airport hires a small contingent of shotgun wielding rednecks with cute teenage daughters to lure them in.

Problem solved.

So each airport hires a small contingent of shotgun wielding rednecks with cute teenage daughters to lure them in.

Problem solved.

If they arm me with a nice 50cal machine gun system I'm all for protecting my local airports. Though I do have to test them from time to time on things flying past ....
quad_50.jpeg

Problem solved.

If they arm me with a nice 50cal machine gun system I'm all for protecting my local airports. Though I do have to test them from time to time on things flying past ....
quad_50.jpeg

We call it.. PigeonBane.

Lol

Enforcement Actions
United States FAA
  • March 9, 2015 – Tampa, FL – FAA sends C&D letter to hobbyist who posted a non-commercial video to YouTube, because YouTube runs advertisements on top of the video, essentially making it a commercial video.
  • August 2, 2014 – Chicago, IL – FAA investigates drone flying over concert; closes investigation with “educational conversation”.
  • July 29, 2014 – New York, NY – Attorney states FAA now warning that drone operators may be subject to “14 CFR 133 Rotorcraft External-Load Operations”.
  • July 1, 2014 – Washington DC – FAA begins issuing subpoenas to realtors that use drones.
  • May 3, 2014 – New York City, NY – Manhattan drone crash, pilot fined $2,200 for not obtaining permission from ATC and operating in a “careless or reckless manner”. Also see Police actions.
  • June 27, 2013 – Jamaica, NY – FAA assesses fine against operator at University of Virginia , charging “careless or reckless manner”. Initially fined $10,000; later settled for $1,100.
  • [Many cease and desist letters.]
United States National Parks
  • May 2015 – Washington DC – Man arrested for trying to fly a drone near the White House. USSS conducted the arrest, then handed over to NPS who has jurisdiction over the area.
  • April 2015 – Hawaii – Man *tased* after flying drone in Hawaii’s Volcanoes National Park.
  • November 3, 2014 – Golden Gate NRA, CA – Violation Notice for flying drone at Alcatraz. 36 CFR 1.5(f).
  • August 19, 2014 – Yellowstone, CA – Man flies drone over Midway Geyser Basin. “Cited” for illegally flying a drone in the park.
  • August 6, 2014 – Rainbow Bridge, UT – Man gets “chewed out” for flying drone near Rainbow Bridge.
  • August 6, 2014 – Yellowstone, CA – Drone crashes into Grand Prismatic hot spring. Required to appear in court, fined $3,200.
  • July 17, 2014 – Yellowstone, CA – Drone crashes into Yellowstone Lake. Four misdemeanors filed: violating park ban on drones, filming without a permit, leaving property unattended and giving a false report to authorities. Each misdemeanor count carries up to a maximum six months in jail and possible fines. Required to appear in court, fined $1,600, on year probation and ban from Park.
  • June 23, 2014 – Grand Teton, WY – “Citation issued” to man flying drone in park campground. Paid $125 fine and fee.
  • June 22, 2014 – Great Falls, VA – National Park Police issues drone operator a ticket under 36 CFR 7.96(c) [National Capital Region only].
  • June 22, 2014 – Blue Ridge Parkway, NC – National Park Police issues drone operator a warning under 36 CFR 1.5.
United States National Forest Service
  • June 2015 – San Bernadino, CA – Drones flying near Lake Fire causes firefighting aircraft to divert; estimates of costs between $10,000 and $15,000.
  • November 6, 2014 – Boise, ID – Spokesperson for Boise National Forest says “The use of a UAS in wilderness is always prohibited use pursuant to the Wilderness Act of 1964 and Code of Federal Regulations at 261.18(a)”.
United States – Local Police
  • June 2015 – Modesto, CA – Neighbor shoots down drone with shotgun; drone owner sues in civil court for damage done to drone and wins.
  • May 2015 – Shreveport, LA – Man charged with “unauthorized photography” after flying drone near VA hospital. Pleaded guilty and paid $85 fine.
  • January 22, 2015 – Aspen, CO – Man charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment for flying a drone near an airport and ESPN X Games.
  • September 17, 2014 – New York, NY – Man arrested on reckless endangerment and obstructing governmental administration charges for flying Phantom near NYPD chopper.
  • August 30, 2014 – Austin, TX – UT Police detain operators of two drones flying over stadium during football game. Possible charges include reckless conduct. Texas law Sec. A 423.003. Illegal use of unmanned aircraft to capture image may also apply.
  • August 10, 2014 – New York, NY – NYPD spokesperson Brendan Ryan individuals could potentially be charged with reckless endangerment in New York City.
  • August 7, 2014 – Los Angeles, CA – Man cited under LAMC 63.44(b)(8) [LA Park and Recreation Areas].
  • July 24, 2014 – Seattle, WA – Police investigate drone flying near Space Needle. No charges filed.
  • July 15, 2014 – Lake Katrine, NY – Drone operator arrested for felony recording near a hospital window. Unlawful surveillance in the second degree (felony), dropped to unlawful attempted surveillance (misdemeanor). On trial in June 2015. Acquitted.
  • July 1, 2014 – New York, NY – NYPD helicopter drone near collision. Felony reckless endangerment charges; later dropped. FAA filed federal charges.
  • June 27, 2014 – Pittsburgh, PA – Police investigate drone flying over baseball game. No charges filed.
  • June 23, 2014 – Seattle, WA – Woman sees drone outside her apartment window, calls police. Police investigate, no charges filed.
  • April 15, 2014 – Clark County, OH – Clark County Sheriff’s Deputy repeatedly told drone operator to land the drone. Felony charge of obstructing official business and misdemeanor charges of misconduct at an emergency and disorderly conduct. Charges later dropped, had to attend class and pay court fees.
  • February 7, 2014 – Hartford, CT – Police requested drone flying over accident scene to be grounded. Police investigated operator’s employer, which resulted in a lawsuit against police. No charges filed.
  • October 2, 2013 – New York, NY – Manhattan drone crash, operator arrested by NYPD for “reckless endangerment” “substantial risk of serious physical injury”. Class A misdemeanor. See FAA fine also.
  • January 26, 2012 – Los Angeles, CA – LAPD warns realtors not to use drones. “Safety hazard and violate federal policy”.
United States FBI
  • [Speculation: Is the laser pointer/aircraft crackdown setting a precedent for how a drone/aircraft crackdown could occur? FBI involvement in drone-related issues has been limited so far.]
Australia
  • January 26, 2015 – Man fined $850 for violations of Civil Aviation Safety Regulations after authorities find YouTube video of his flights.
  • December 2014 – Man who flew drone at the scene of a siege at Altona North in Victoria will be fined $850.
  • November 13, 2014 – Drone operator fined $1,700 for crashing drone into triathlete in April 2014. Citation was for flying within 30m of people.
  • March, 2014 – Man charged with “attempting to commit an indictable offence” when found with drugs and a quadcopter near a prison, where a drone had been reported flying earlier.
Cambodia
  • July 5, 2015 – Cambodian police on Sunday released two Chinese men, who were arrested on Saturday for flying a remote-controlled miniature aircraft over the Royal Palace. The two men were made to sign a contract to promise not to do it again.
  • June 2015 - Two foreign filmmakers, a French and an American, were arrested after their drone was seen filming in the skies close to Prime Minister Hun Sen’s house near the Independence Monument. Police freed them after deciding that they posed no threat to security.
  • February, 2015 – Phnom Penh City Hall bans drones after German tourist flies drone over Royal Palace.
Canada
  • December 27, 2014 – Transport Canada fines drone operator $1,000 for taking photos for real estate use.
  • August 13, 2014 – Director of Civil Aviation for Transport Canada says there are potential fines up to $5,000 for violating public safety, but none have been issued to date.
France
  • March 2015 – Journalist fined €1,000 for flying drone in Paris.
  • [unconfirmed] Flying aircraft below 6km over central Paris is illegal; night drone flights are also banned.
  • October 2014 – Man fined €400 (£293; $453) and spends a night in jail after flying drone over Paris landmarks.
India
  • July 2015 – Two people detained by the police after they flew a drone near the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Chembur without prior police permission. There is a “standing order prohibiting flying of drones without police permission under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC). Also, certain areas in Mumbai are designated as no-fly zones on occasions like Independence Day and Republic Day.”
  • October 22014 – Ban on flying drones in India.
  • June 2014 – Four held for using ‘drone cameras’ at Varanasi ghat. “An FIR under various sections including 188 (disobeying a duly promulgated government order) and 287 (negligent conduct with machinery) of the IPC has been registered against them. They were produced before the court, which sent them to jail.”
Japan
  • May, 2015 – 15 year old boy arrested for planning to fly a drone over a festival. Media reports he was arrested “on suspicion of planning to fly one of the devices”.
  • April, 2015 – Man arrested for landing drone on Prime Minister’s office. Police statement says he was “arrested on suspicion of flying the drone and obstructing duties at the prime minister’s office”. Later, ” indicted on a charge of obstructing work at the prime minister’s office”. Drones banned in parks in Tokyo.
Nepal
  • May, 2015 – Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal said in a statement that Nepal has banned the use of drones as they could leak sensitive information and pictures of its valuable heritage sites clicked illegally.
Netherlands
  • July, 2015 – Man arrested after flying drone near Schiphol runway. The man lost control of the drone and it crashed on the runway. He was given a 500 euro fine.
  • November 23, 2014 – Man could be fined for filming with drone due to new Dutch laws prohibiting flying a drone and capturing video footage without special permission.
  • August, 2014 – Man arrested for flying drone over fireworks in Scheveningen. The man was taken into custody and his drone confiscated for violation of the Control of Model Aircraft which states that model aircraft are forbidden to be flown after dark, over crowds and over connected buildings.
New Zealand
  • March, 2015 – CAA issues ‘warning letter’ to man operating UAV in controlled airspace. CAA had issued three warning letters and three infringements from $500 to $1000 in previous 18 months [unverified].
Poland
  • July 2015 – After drone sighting near airport, police state “Interfering with air traffic in Poland carries a prison term of up to five years, while posing a threat to air traffic carries up to eight years in prison.” Article also states “In Poland, flying drones within a 20-kilometer (12-mile) radius around airports requires special permission from air space authorities.”
Singapore
  • June, 2015 – Man flying drone near Kallang Riverside Park issued warning; area was issued as ‘Special Event Area’. Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore could issue fines up to $20,000 and 12 months in prison.
South Africa
  • June, 2015 – The use of flying drones that have a mounted camera have been banned in South Africa by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA).
UK
  • July 2015 – After airport drone sighting, CAA states “Recklessly endangering an aircraft is a criminal offence, and those convicted could face a five-year jail sentence. “
  • June 2015 – Investigation into man flying drone over Wimbledon. Police say offense to fly within 150m of any congested area or 50m of any structure. Fines can go up to £5,000.
  • May 2015 – American tourist causes security scare by flying near Windsor Castle. Receives a “ticking off”, but no charges.
  • March 18,2015 – Man from Bingham charged with 17 offenses under Air Navigation Order 2009. May 2015 – enters not guilty plea.
  • December 30, 2014 – Photojournalist arrested after filming with drone near airport, for breach of peace.
  • October 20, 2014 – Man arrested for flying drone over Manchester City Stadium. Breaching Air Navigation Order.
  • October 2013 – Man from Cumbria fined £4,000 for flying drone near nuclear shipyard; violating Air Navigation Order. April 2014 – First conviction for illegal use of unmanned aircraft.
Vietnam
  • 2008, 2001 – Individuals and organizations are required to apply for a flying permit for any unmanned aerial vehicles, and no such devices are allowed to fly without permission from the defense ministry. The Department of Operations under the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army is in charge of granting permission for the use of drones, according to Decree No. 36.

Well they can always do what JFK Contract Wildlife Control does Shot them down.Since they have no problem killing around 26,000 birds a year,the drone should be easy pickings if its low enough to zero in on.They kill Birds that couldn't hurt a house fan,let alone a Jumbo Jet Engine so whats a drone going to hurt.

Well they can always do what JFK Contract Wildlife Control does Shot them down.Since they have no problem killing around 26,000 birds a year,the drone should be easy pickings if its low enough to zero in on.They kill Birds that couldn't hurt a house fan,let alone a Jumbo Jet Engine so whats a drone going to hurt.
Rrriiiiigggghhhtttt....................

If you are not a member of the AMA and are not following the rules set down for the safe operator of hobby RC aircraft then there is no need to take you seriously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back