Who Would Have Thought?

If you are not a member of the AMA and are not following the rules set down for the safe operator of hobby RC aircraft then there is no need to take you seriously.

AMA.jpg

Yeah, that's my counter underneath. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. I also renewed for 3 years at the current price, before the higher prices take effect in September. :345:

If you are not a member of the AMA and are not following the rules set down for the safe operator of hobby RC aircraft then there is no need to take you seriously.
Oh! I finally got it......................... we're talking about you lol!!!

I reaaaallly thought this post was destined to be closed due to political comments that I THOUGHT would ensue....wow.
Carry on....

I reaaaallly thought this post was destined to be closed due to political comments that I THOUGHT would ensue....wow.
Carry on....

Well my little jab at the Donald wasn't really meant to be political, I'm not really much into politics myself. I guess I probably should be more mindful of that since he is a Presidential candidate now and some folks might not quite get that I'm not a political guy.

It's just so dang hard not to say something smart alecky though when I see that hair.. lol

Ummhh, don't tell anyone but my sister who hates Trump from waaaay back said she would even vote for him today because....oh, then it would get political....
Back to our regularly Scheduled program...

Ummhh, don't tell anyone but my sister who hates Trump from waaaay back said she would even vote for him today because....oh, then it would get political....
Back to our regularly Scheduled program...

Yup.. it's a fine line, since he was kind of sort of almost a celeb before he got into politics. But yup, back to the fine world of photography and whatever the heck it is that Gryphonslair is going on about at the moment. Lol

Should we ask Gryphonslair what his name means?

I thought about it. And then I thought about all of the horrible mental images his response might possibly conjure, and how long it might take before I could get that out of my head.

Thought.. eh, discretion just might be the better part of valor on that one.. lol

Well my little jab at the Donald wasn't really meant to be political, I'm not really much into politics myself. I guess I probably should be more mindful of that since he is a Presidential candidate now and some folks might not quite get that I'm not a political guy.

It's just so dang hard not to say something smart alecky though when I see that hair.. lol
I didn't know until now ... wow
6bd25b784af75104ce5ce71e1cbf5fd0.jpg

There have twice been situations on our local news that a drone prevented a care flight helicopter from landing; that for me is enough to indicate that regs need to be put in place to regulate/license use. There's no reason for someone to die in a car accident because the chopper couldn't get to them (luckily in both cases they got them to a hospital in time).

They aren't radio controlled toys, they're unmanned aircraft and apparently have been reported as high as a plane. I saw video from one that landed near an interstate (luckily not in the lanes) and since they record video and have gps authorities were able to track its path right to the guy's front door.

I wonder for the expense how long it will be til most of them will probably be in basements and garages? How much footage can most people possibly record and post til the novelty's worn off? There have been good uses for them (going into nuclear reactors after the tsunami in Japan etc.) and there are probably some people using them responsibly and for a particular purpose - we just don't hear about them because they're not making the news.

As far as The Donald, I just wouldn't have thought he could stick his foot in his mouth quite so much! I'm not sure he'd like holding an office anyway, he's probably used to doing his own thing and I don't know if he'd like the restrictions and guidelines he'd have to follow in a gov't. job. (I say that having worked for a county agency which could be quite tight on procedures.)

There is nothing political about calling a whack job a whack job. A wealthy whack job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back