Why All the Hate?

cosmonaut said:
.... if you don't use Sony why are you here?

Do you Sony guys always start threads just so you can whine and feel bad for yourselves? This thread is directed at non-Sony users....so here we are. If you don't like criticism...don't ask for it. Obvious to me, at least.

Dude--don't bring logic or reason into this debate...this is a SONY thread!!!

I'm gonna post a thread asking everyone why they hate Canon.

I mean, I'd do it for Nikon, but it would be such a crazy love fest towards Nikon and everyone would run me out of town for even SUGGESTING that anyone could hate such a god-like and wondrous company, so I figure going the Canon route would make more sense.

Sony corporate leadership has openly discussed the company's internal issues and the lack of cooperation between the divisions with Western media! I read an interesting article about Sony's internal struggles. The have gone VERY public about their inter-divisional strife and petty jealousies. The biggest problem ,some say, is the Japanese cultural idea of lifetime employment and loyalty to one's very OWN DIVISIONAL leaders at the expense of what might be best for the company as a whole. Much of Sony's leadership is old-school, and this is a MODERN world, and CHINA and KOREA both have very capable companies that are now formidable competitors. Japan's longstanding disdain of Korean and China has blinded them to the power of better-managed companies, like SAMSUNG, for just one example. Sony did well in a pre-Korea, pre-Chinese electronics market, but their day seems DONE to me.

"Every dog has his day."

Well the new OMD E-M5 has a new Sony sensor in it and the improvement in Olympus cameras took a jump in image quality. With the a77, NEX7 it seems to me they are doing plenty right. I am not a Sony fan boy as I do have the E-M5 and also a D800E on preorder and maybe I will get one before I die. But it has been on back order for more than two months. Which I think is bad business by itself.

cosmonaut said:
.... if you don't use Sony why are you here?

Do you Sony guys always start threads just so you can whine and feel bad for yourselves? This thread is directed at non-Sony users....so here we are. If you don't like criticism...don't ask for it. Obvious to me, at least.

I didn't ask you why you hated Sony but why are you here? I am not the OP.

Going back and reading all of the post again there is really almost nothing bad or negative posted about Sony cameras but their other products. I guess I will never own a Canon DSLR because I get such bad service out of my Canon printer.

I implied that their run as the "leader" is DONE. Samsung is now kicking Sony's A$$. Sony does not have a SINGLE, class-leading product in any electronics category. Not one. They lead now in...NOTHING....not game consoles, not TV's,not stereos,not personal music players, computers, NOTHING...this according to the article I referenced above.

As the leader in consumer electronics--SONY Corp. is done

As I wrote, "Every dog has his day." At one time, Eastman Kodak was America's largest non-defense industry,non-military,non-government employer. NOW...Kodak is bankrupt... Chapter 11 baby! Kodak went from THE leader,worldwide, to +!+s-up...

Look, here is the whole deal in a nutshell.

Showing up to a photo shoot with a Sony, is like showing up to a drag race in a Fiat. Will you get to the end of the track, sure - but not nearly as fast, or as hot as the Vette that just smoked you.

B_L_E_A_K outlook...bleeding money... RECORD LOSSES, quarter after quarter...Heck, even The Titanic was afloat...until the second it sunk...

Sony Corporation News - The New York Times

To START: "2012 Earnings: Second QuarterPummeled by the weak global economy, exchange rate shifts and the euro zone crisis, Sony reported a 77 percent slide in operating profit for the quarter that ended in June 2012.
Sony said in early August that operating profit for the second quarter had fallen to ¥6.28 billion, or $80 million, compared with a year earlier, much worse than the 36 percent decrease analysts had expected. For the financial year that ended March 31, Sony posted an operating loss of ¥67 billion and a record net loss of ¥455 billion."

And it gets WORSE...read the entire article..that's why I said they are DONE.

You do realize that Sony has ¥17 trillion in assets, right? They still have a LONG way to fall before hitting bottom.

I really enjoy my sony playstation 3

Did you like the reaming that you and all other PS3 owners took... when Sony started taking away features? I know that you personally may not have been using those features... but MANY PS3 owners were, and felt screwed when Sony did that. I am sure you are aware of that controversy, YES? Or if you used their gaming network... and they got hacked because of a lack of decent security.. did that make you feel secure? (or maybe you didn't use the network?)

It is a good gaming platform... but there have been many issues, surely you can't deny that?

cgipson1 said:
Did you like the reaming that you and all other PS3 owners took... when Sony started taking away features? I know that you personally may not have been using those features... but MANY PS3 owners were, and felt screwed when Sony did that. I am sure you are aware of that controversy, YES? Or if you used their gaming network... and they got hacked because of a lack of decent security.. did that make you feel secure? (or maybe you didn't use the network?)

It is a good gaming platform... but there have been many issues, surely you can't deny that?

Yeah i heard about that. But I do enjoy not having to pay just to access their network. That completely turned me off from Xbox.

The PS3 just seems more useable.

Most reactions

Back