Why are step up ring prices all over the board?

Phil Vanderloo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got an 82mm variable ND filter and wanted to get 2 step up rings for my 77mm and 67mm lenses. Wondering why the 77mm was 4.95 and the 67mm is 59.95??
How could the values be so drastically different?
Advice?
Thanks

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
maybe different materials, maybe "dynamic pricing" Amazon sucks lately. I'm sure I've never paid $60 for a 67mm step up ring. Try B&H and change the search listing to price low to high

Amazon and Ebay both have a subset of retailers who hold very little stock, but what they do hold they keep up at a supreme high price. They basically wait for stocks on other products to run dry and then allow their much higher mark up to be the only price displayed, which likely nets them a few sales from those who know no better or who are desperate for the product. You tend to see it far more so on limited quantity products or those that cycle fairly quick (eg DVD's or computer games that might never fall out of stock, but will have a peek and then a fall off).

Other times some companies use cheap items like rings or extension tubes as high profit sellers, so the mark up is far greater (the flipside is that the mark up on higher priced goods is far less). Canon certainly has extension tubes at prices far above what other companies, like Kenko, sell for a product of the same style and quality. Cheap UV filters are often sold under the same practice.

Thanks all but I got those prices on B&H. I'll check your link Braineack. Thanks Again.

They are all pretty much the same. Get the cheaper ones.

Spam has been reported.

Most reactions

Back