Why building perspective correction is important.

I use this tool kind of allot. ;) Here's what PS did to manaheim's warped building image with just two slider moves:

Manaheims_Building.jpg

The key thing for perspective correction in the Filter-Distort-Lens Correction set is the Tilt adjustment, which transforms the image in an optically-correct way (about the lens axis, if the image is uncropped). There are other ways of correcting converging verticals that are not optically correct, and result in the vertical-horizontal scale being altered (ie the building gets thinner or fatter).

Here's an example of the corrections required if you don't transform about the axis, and a brief discussion of alternatives: link.

I guess I'm missing what you mean by "transforming around the axis"? Sorry, I think I'm being thick.

I use this tool kind of allot. ;) Here's what PS did to manaheim's warped building image with just two slider moves:.

Nice! :)
EDIT: BONZO! :lol:

OK, so someone convince me that there still is a reason to drop some change on a perspective control lens ...

If you're on a 12MP sensor and can remember to shoot for the edit I guess there's not much. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back