Why does this always happen??!?

Garasaki

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is what PS is for.

do you honestly believe everyone in this image and the dogs were all looking at me at the same time??

a988aa45c4b7af6345a1167be4c84898-xlarge.jpg

What, the two of them staying together in the frame and seeming to actually like each other?? lol Crop them down a little and you've got a couple of nice pictures.

I've been a teacher, it takes using something to get them to look or get their attention - depends on the age, some little props or toys, making a noise, saying something funny, etc. And the timing, wait a second... another second... til they're both looking. Take more than one shot. Kids are not usually likely to stay there long so you need to be prepared and work fast.

Hopefully you are using a digital camera and not a film camera. Talk to them while taking their picture .. sooner or later, or really later .........

this is what PS is for.

do you honestly believe everyone in this image and the dogs were all looking at me at the same time??

Ha yeah exactly. That's a bit of a tall order for my PS skills.

It's not at all that I'm unhappy with the result of those...I just almost wish one of those shots didn't exist. LOL. Ignorance is bliss.

It wouldn't really be much of a problem in PS and wouldn't require much skill at all, just fine detail work.
First thing I'd try would be to cut his eyes out from image one and paste them into his face in image 2 and see what happens. It will probably need a little fiddling with the lighting but the angle of his head is close enough that it should work. :)
If I had a bit more time I'd have a go myself and show you as the images are just about big enough to work on. :)

Eyes.jpg
OK, I had a go... I spent 4 minutes in PS (if it was my work I'd probably have spent longer but this gives you the idea). It's literally just copy and paste with a feathered edge. If you're going to be shooting more than one person at a time it's a useful skill to work on. :)

Last edited:
OK, I had a go... I spent 4 minutes in PS (if it was my work I'd probably have spent longer but this gives you the idea). It's literally just copy and paste with a feathered edge. If you're going to be shooting more than one person at a time it's a useful skill to work on. :)

That's really pretty good, for 4 minutes! Thanks for the quick demo. I would have no qualms printing that out at 4x6 size for sure. Apparently I'm making it more work in my head then it actually is.

I don't guarantee that my PS methodology is kosher. I learned my skills by trial and error, initially with Paint Shop Pro back at the dawn of the century.

All it takes is time (lots of it!). If you remember to save the original and work on a copy it's non destructive! I watch online tutorials but many seem to make things more complicated than they have to be. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back