Why I never!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Talking with a customer of mine who is enjoys photography (has a D3100) this morning, tells me he was in a camera store when a woman came in to ask about the value of her husband's camera. The store clerk told her he'd give $200 and when she went outside my customer followed, explained to her the camera had a much higher value and she was being taken advantage of. She didn't care and offered it to him for the same $200.

He now owns a D3 with less than 4000 actuations....why can't I ever, ever stumble on a deal like this!

Shops always offer you less than the full second hand price when you trade in cameras, that is because the shop is buying stock and must also then sell it on with profit as well. The bonus is that you get a fast, reliable trade for the items - further some shops will trade in, whereby you get the price second hand for the item plus a discount off the item you're trading the item in for.

As always you can net more selling a camera yourself, but you've got to do the legwork of finding a reliable buyer yourself.

Wow. Just wow.

Overread, D3's sell for $2700-$3200 in well used condition in these parts ;)

O.O

I think that store clerk missed a 0 off his quote! But darn it I'd feel bad getting a deal like that off someone!
Still not quite as bad as the husband will feel when he finds his toy sold for almost nothing!

Yeah, he's a stand up guy and offered more, felt guilty about such a great deal but he's a better man than me for sure! He did get her license plate just in case ;)

Most reactions

Back