Why is it?

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok i've just hauled a load of washing out of the washing machine and noticed something that always happens:

Why is it that if you wash a duvet cover with other clothes the duvet cover always comes out of the washing machine inside out and with everything else inside it?

As a guy (and therefore not used to the technicalities of such things as washing machines :blushing: ) this bothers and confuses me...

Anyone care to shed any light on the matter?

duvet=blanket ;)

i think its karma from us men calling it a duvet. if we called it a blanket, and stopped listening to martha stewart, the thing would come out without the clothes inside it :):)

just kidding. its murphy's law.

how do things get in a duvet? is it broken?

I always get things in my pillow. same with the fitted sheets. ive lots socks for a couple months becauseI didn't see them hidding in the corners even when I look. i try to wash sheets togehter and not with clothes, and my blankets all togehter. im picky that way. i have my reasons.

It's something to do with the way washing machines rotate and the fact that they are designed to force water out from the centre to the perimeter. I read or heard the full scientific explanation a while back - but have forgotten it.

heh not the duvet itself photong just the cover for it... I keep losing things in it... and then putting a double duvet cover back on by yourself is like some kind of endurance test. Once I get one corner lined up with the cover the others seem to get lost..

wow Hertz I wouldn't have thought people had time to write a full scientific explanation of something like that but i'm going to have to google it and see if I can track it down ;)

Hertz is a walking scientific journal. The man has no bounds when it comes to knowledge. Again hertz, impressive!!

mygrain said:
Hertz is a walking scientific journal. The man has no bounds when it comes to knowledge. Again hertz, impressive!!

Are you sure what you wrote is punctuated correctly? :lol: kidding Hertz ;)

But seriously are you a genius? I dont' know anyone that knows as many things as you...

eromallagadnama said:
But seriously are you a genius? I dont' know anyone that knows as many things as you...
Actually? Yes. Used to belong to MENSA but I found it to be full of thicko's :lol:
My interests are many, wide and varied and I'm always working to fill gaps in my knowledge - but a lot of what I know is obscure trivia.
I've just finished reading an essay on the art and science of dunking donuts and biscuits (someone actually did do a study to find the best way of doing it). I just love stuff like that.

As for girls saying 'again Hertz' and calling my performance impressive... well, that's just another of my areas of sexpertise :smileys:

well... I get everything in my pillow... and I'm a girl... and I've no ide why it is on the wrong side always :p

wow Hertz I wouldn't have thought people had time to write a full scientific explanation of something like that but i'm going to have to google it and see if I can track it down
There is a proper scientific formula. Just like when they decided which biscuits are best for tea and why custard goes lumpy. I read it, think "that'll be cool one day if the topic ever comes up" and... forget it after two seconds. I'm not sure which is worse, that or people getting paid to work it out in the first place.

Hertz van Rental said:
Actually? Yes.
I knew it!!!

Hertz van Rental said:
As for girls saying 'again Hertz' and calling my performance impressive... well, that's just another of my areas of sexpertise :smileys:
f I recall right...and I'm not genius here, but mygrain is a dude and is the one that wrote that :lol: and I don't want to know anything about you and him :lol:

mentos_007 said:
well... I get everything in my pillow... and I'm a girl... and I've no ide why it is on the wrong side always :p
:shock: I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you're saying quite right - but it's giving me some delightful fantasies...

eromallagadnama said:
f I recall right...and I'm not genius here, but mygrain is a dude and is the one that wrote that :lol: and I don't want to know anything about you and him :lol:
At my age it doesn't pay to be too fussy.

Hertz is a sex monster. Oh Im sooo sore!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back