why is people hating on the D3000

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by littlemissSissy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. hightower

hightower TPF Noob!

Sorry I should have chosen my words more carefully. Maybe it does not have excellent low light capability and yes the ISO sensitivities of the two cameras are about the same but the d40 has less noise than the d3000 when comparing technical image quality of photographs taken at the higher ISO levels...If you look at the Signal to Noise ratio the d3000 has as much noise at ISO 100 as the d40 does at ISO 200, as much noise at ISO 200 as the d40 does at ISO 400 and so on...click on the SNR 18% tab...the SNR of the d40 is as good as the d5000...

http://dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Image-Quality-Database/Compare-cameras/%28appareil1%29/229|0/%28appareil2%29/331|0/%28appareil3%29/320|0/%28onglet%29/0/%28brand%29/Nikon/%28brand2%29/Nikon/%28brand3%29/Nikon

So when it comes down to it you can shoot at higher ISO with the d40 with less noise than you can with the d3000

Nikon D3000 High ISO Comparison

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. schumionbike

schumionbike TPF Noob!

yeah, I look at your works and I was like why is he so suprise. And you're not the only one that tried to keep the ISO down, the camera does too :)

3. littlemissSissy

littlemissSissy TPF Noob!

Thank you all for your advice...lol the thing that made me lean more toward to the d5000 is video mode and shooting pics in the screen. Maybe one day i'll have kids or want to shoot special events in video mode. I went to best buy and test both out and i feel for the money i want to get the d5000. i just do not want to upgrade later lol, but yall i can tell i have alot to learn about it and the one i'm getting comes with a dvd instruction guide lol. and i know i can learn a crazy amount on this forum. lol yall seem to know what your talking about. I'm still pretty young and just got out of college so i think i'm capable of learning a this camera. I'm happy i picked this as my new hobby!!! :sexywink:

4. hightower

hightower TPF Noob!

If you want a killer deal buy it here...

INKD5000RD Nikon D5000 DX-Format 12.3 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera Kit - Refurbished - by Nikon U.S.A. with Nikon 18mm - 55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (VR) Vibration Reduction Wide Angle Autofocus Zoom Lens, - Refurbished - by Nikon U.S.A.

Its refurbished (nothing to worry about in and of itself) but just buy a $40 extended warranty and you are covered for two years (longer than Nikon's 1 year warranty on new cameras).

5. rlcphotos

rlcphotos TPF Noob!

lol,, think Canon, Canon

6. KmH

KmH In memoriam

Can-none........I....just....can't....get.....past.....that....association....:lmao:

Ni-can That clicks for me. :thumbup:

7. 357mag

357mag TPF Noob!

Why do people hate? Because they're dicks. And misguided. How can a $500.00 camera by one of the worlds best camera manufacturers be crappy? It's got an excellent image sensor the CCD type which is proven when image quality is paramount. There is so much bull**** on internet forums. And then they try to talk you into a more expensive D3100 or something. Why should someone pay $100.00 extra to get a camera that has features like live view or the capability to shoot HD Video when he could care less about those features?

Image quality is the most important thing and the D3000 delivers. More expensive cameras don't give sharper photos. They just have more features so they will cost more.

Some of the posts I've read on this forum slandering the D3000 are ridiculous and unwarranted. Even from a common sense standpoint they sound absurd.

8. Stradawhovious

Stradawhovious TPF Noob!

Arise my thread......... ARISE!!!!

Wake from the dead, and join the children of the night!

• Like Like x 1
  9. kundalini

kundalini TPF Noob!

Welcome to TPF and thanks for pulling up a thread that has been idle for 14 months old just to rant. :roll:

10. Dominantly

Dominantly TPF Noob!

Image quality is more important than composition/subject?

I have been reviewing some photos taken during the civil war, and while the quality is not the best, the subjects and composition make them very powerful. Might just be me though

11. KmH

KmH In memoriam

Since you brought up people being dicks!

Why didn't you just start your own thread instead of digging up one over a year old so you could post spew on page 4? :lmao:

12. 357mag

357mag TPF Noob!

Didn't make sense to start a new thread just to get some things off my chest concerning a specific camera. The thread I responded to was the subject matter at hand.