why is people hating on the D3000

Old-Thread.jpg

The d3000 is an ok camera but defiantly has its limitations. If you plan on shooting in low light forget it. If you want to use burst mode in raw, forget it. And the biggest fallback is it's lack of an internal focus motor. So, if you want different lenses your going to be spending a great deal more for lenses that have focus motors in them compared to just af lenses. But, if your happy shooting in good light, and happy with mediocre kit lenses (unless you want to fork out some cash or focus manually) then it will work just fine for you.

Everything has limitations. Nothing in this world is perfect.

Why do people hate? Because they're dicks. And misguided. How can a $500.00 camera by one of the worlds best camera manufacturers be crappy? It's got an excellent image sensor the CCD type which is proven when image quality is paramount. There is so much bull**** on internet forums. And then they try to talk you into a more expensive D3100 or something. Why should someone pay $100.00 extra to get a camera that has features like live view or the capability to shoot HD Video when he could care less about those features?

Image quality is the most important thing and the D3000 delivers. More expensive cameras don't give sharper photos. They just have more features so they will cost more.

Some of the posts I've read on this forum slandering the D3000 are ridiculous and unwarranted. Even from a common sense standpoint they sound absurd.

Didn't make sense to start a new thread just to get some things off my chest concerning a specific camera. The thread I responded to was the subject matter at hand.

Everything has limitations. Nothing in this world is perfect.

:soapbox:

...Does someone need a hug?

Most reactions

Back