Why people tend to judge you for your physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anicole said:
Does that make "The Corpse Bride" the TPF Theme Movie?

I don't think the TPF theme movie, more like the DS theme movie! :lmao:

monicam said:
:hail:

People judje you without knowing you and if you are not physically attractive some tend to ignore.

I feel like I'm being judged by my posts in this thread all too wrongly, so I wish to clarify.

I have quoted the ORIGINAL question of the thread because everyone seems to be going off track.

It is NATURAL, as in, scientific/psychological studies have proven (I watch Discovery Channel, I know crazy concept), that humans by design will choose, in the immediate, a more attactive partner for procriation. In the most carnal and basic form of the term, a human picks a partner with that has most obviously (meaning visually) the best "genes".

Now, as humans we have evolved to take into concideration many more factors that just looks. But those factors don't become important until one get's to spend the time with an individual and get's to know them on a PERSONAL level.

If I get to know someone who I originally thought was good looking, and they're losers, then my original selection is nul and void.

This works both ways and we can all agree, atleast I though we could, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that if anyone DOES judge you based on your looks then they're not worth it anyway?

Right?

Cool.

P.S. Ugly people aren't ugly unless they act like they are. Myself included I'm sure. Good day!

bace said:
I feel like I'm being judged by my posts in this thread all too wrongly, so I wish to clarify.

I have quoted the ORIGINAL question of the thread because everyone seems to be going off track.

It is NATURAL, as in, scientific/psychological studies have proven (I watch Discovery Channel, I know crazy concept), that humans by design will chose, in the immediate, a more attactive partner for procriation. In the most carnal and basic form of the term, a human picks a partner with that has most obviously (meaning visually) the best "genes".

Now, as humans we have evolved to take into concideration many more factors that just looks. But those factors don't become important until one get's to spend the time with an individual and get's to know them.

If I get to know someone who I originally thought was good looking, and they're losers, then my original selection is nul and void.

This works both ways and we can all agree, atleast I though we could, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that if anyone DOES judge you based on your looks then they're not worth it anyway?

Right?

Cool.

P.S. Ugly people aren't ugly unless they act like they are. Myself included I'm sure. Good day!

And someone else came in and gave their opinion just as you did and you directly attacked her. Please don't use a thread for your personal issues. Thanks! :)

love the idea of a corspe bride being our movie...

thinking thats a killer idea...

speaking of killing..............................................................work calls..

ok im gonna distract you all for a moment!..... one of my ex's was....well..... not too pretty.... but, honestly you could sit with her for an age, hanngin out watching movies, going places whatever.... and it was like hangin out with one of your best buds..... we could spend hours in each others company and NOT get bored. On the othe hand, a girl i went out with last year was very attractive.... beautiful.... but the FIRST weekend she spent staying with me.... after about the first 6 hours i was trying to find things to hang myself with.... i would go out of the room and hit myself in the head to make sure i was still 'responsive'..... and as much as i wanted to wait till the weekend after when i know i could introduce her to my buddies (and get the usual blokey remarks), i just couldnt be arsed.
However...... being single, we all want the 'ideal' person to come along, you know the one everyone else is looking for.... pretty, intelligent, witty.... and i'd be a lucky bastard to get it all...... but life has other plans, and at first every girl/man you date has these qualities.... untill you really get to know them :lol:.... theres still hope for all us single people...... :mrgreen:

Enough. This thread had the potential to be interesting and thought provoking but once it turns into a personal attack against each other it's over. Just a reminder that if you're upset about something that someone has said, shoot them a PM or report it to the moderators thorugh the button under your avatar. We try to run the forum with as few rules as possible and we appreciate your support it abiding by them so the community is a positive place to be. We understand that people will disagree, I would be shocked if everyone got a long, but that's why we have a PM feature. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back