Why People use high ISO, like 1600 and higher........

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll let you in on a secret, that is what a noob does, reverts to the easy way out, not enough light , crank up the iso, hell they gave me the ability to do it so it must be ok,,,,,
they revert to higher iso, rather then know photography enough to work around that, it can be done, it's always done.
people think ok my camera cam go up to 25,000 iso so i should be safe if i don't go higher then 12,000..
omg lol

Maybe you can decode my own lighting for me since I'm a noob and I don't know photography so I only push ISO higher.... omg lol :eek:

View attachment 122454 View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456
yeah and as soon as you zoom in 1 to 1 you will see how the image starts to fall apart..

Anyone who zooms in 1 to 1 for a photo is either in the business for billboards, has no life, or is editing their photo.

My girlfriend's sister got wedding photos. The composition is okay. When is anyone going to zoom in 1 to 1 on her photos? Please do explain.

In your original post you said you don't know why someone would shoot at hi iso in good light. It is true that lower iso yields better image quality if exposed correctly, but sometimes a setting may have been used for indoor, then you go outdoor and forget to change it. Unless it's a ridiculous setting there's a good chance it will look good if exposed correctly even at 1600, especially with the tech that's there now. With film I imagine one has to be more careful with setup

i'll let you in on a secret, that is what a noob does, reverts to the easy way out, not enough light , crank up the iso, hell they gave me the ability to do it so it must be ok,,,,,
they revert to higher iso, rather then know photography enough to work around that, it can be done, it's always done.
people think ok my camera cam go up to 25,000 iso so i should be safe if i don't go higher then 12,000..
omg lol

Maybe you can decode my own lighting for me since I'm a noob and I don't know photography so I only push ISO higher.... omg lol :eek:

View attachment 122454 View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456
yeah and as soon as you zoom in 1 to 1 you will see how the image starts to fall apart..

Anyone who zooms in 1 to 1 for a photo is either in the business for billboards, has no life, or is editing their photo.
well incase you didn't know, when you blow up the image , meaning make larger prints then 8X10 that is what your doing, it's the same thing..
lol OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't know lighting. LOL Those were shots with multiple strobes at ISO 200. I'm well versed with studio strobes and off camera flashes, but I still prefer high ISO for specific intended purposes. I print 30x40 prints of my 6400 ISO images regularly, and my 200 ISO images for commercial work. There is very little difference.

well i had enough, it's late and you keep shooting with your 6k iso and higher, good luck to you...
Hopefully one day you won't run into a customer who says i need a 16X20 print in that picture you took. lol

well i had enough, it's late and you keep shooting with your 6k iso and higher, good luck to you...
Hopefully one day you won't run into a customer who says i need a 16X20 print in that picture you took. lol

One day you'll learn enough photography to know when to use a particular skill set. :D Didn't you read my posts above? I print 30x40 regularly. :eek:

Last edited:
wow, this isn't the direction I thought the OP was going for. Allow me to amend my statement....Use the iso lowest to achieve the necessary exposure. I'll shoot over 800 and not have issue and you wouldn't have a clue.

I'd love for you to put your money when your mouth is and show us some of your shots.

I mean, they must be perfect... donny1963

I see a lot of issues that don't have to do with ISO... misfocus, blur due to low shutter, underexposure, poor composition, and other issues.

Wow! donny1963 what did iso ever do to you. Such unrestrained hatred for high iso. There's a time and place for it otherwise it wouldn't be an option on the camera. BTW the flag pic from earlier in the thread is underexposed, too bad that meter thing on the camera is just as useless as high iso. Why don't they just make an iso setting of 1, now your talking quality, anything above iso 1 is complete garbage. Oh yeah and why would you even care what settings other people use in any situation? Why does it make you angry?

And since we've run to 6 pages I think we might be done as the OP appears to be unmoving in his stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back