Why would anyone want a 5D (original)?

Wow, even I want to buy a Canon 5D after reading this thread! :lol:

Canon 5D? Assuming I had the spare $$$ and nothing else higher priority, heck yah... I've still got my first good EOS mount lens laying around; Tamron 35-105 f/2.8 Aspherical.

Man, I'm feeling the temptation myself.

The 5D would be an upgrade from my 40D, yes? :)

Man, I'm feeling the temptation myself.

The 5D would be an upgrade from my 40D, yes? :)

Canon 40D vs 5D

Thanks. Just read this as well

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/eos_5D_vs_eos_40D.html

W
hat is that I shoot most often?

- landscapes from tripod (often HDR processed)
- astrophotography (stars 'n stuff. High ISO performance would really help)
Also, getting short focal length lenses with large apertures would help significantly)

What would I keep from my 40D?

- 6.5 fps might come in handy
- better AF might come in handy when [see above]
- live view. This I actually use all the time.

Hmmm

Couple of 5D sports shots

656805554_LYxjE-L.jpg

ISO 3200
491249521_Wac5w-L.jpg

Attachments

• $491249521_Wac5w-L.jpg
    $491249521_Wac5w-L.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 135
After deep consideration I've decided to get a pentax instead.

Couple of 5D sports shots

ISO 3200

Noise reduction? If anything, what have been done to these?

These were shot JPG at an event where we were printing on site so hardly anything has been done because there is no time probably slight NR, but both were shot with a 300f2.8L

Awesome!
They're so crisp!

Overread said:
I have seriously considered film - for the same price as the 5D I can get a top of the range 35mm film camera. This will give me the much better AF and build quality as well as features of a top end, not just high-end midrange camera. The downside is its film.
I've not got a background in film at all and my shooting process very much involves histograms and such for helping confirm an exposure. Plus I have to factor in the additional costs of getting film and having it processed - plus learning to work with a single ISO per 35 shots (since as far as I know the 35mm canons did not support interchangeable backs at all).

Or like I said for a 4th the price of the 5d you can get the pro film model right under the flagship. It'll get you the same af same everything except fps.

Most reactions

Back