What's new

WHY??

radioschizo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Ashtabula, OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pulling my hair out because I can't figure out how to get rid of the shadow I get anytime I use a wide-angle attachment & the onboard flash. Observe:

4579255114_5a73458f4b_b.jpg


How does one overcome this?
 
It's the shadow of your lens. You have to get the flash off camera.
 
I'm pulling my hair out because I can't figure out how to get rid of the shadow I get anytime I use a wide-angle attachment & the onboard flash. Observe:

4579255114_5a73458f4b_b.jpg


How does one overcome this?
Take the lens off the camera. :thumbup:
 
It's the shadow of your lens. You have to get the flash off camera.

Only an external flash will solve this?


Yes, you're blocking your own light source. A bigger flash (speedlite) mounted on the hotshoe may help (your flash will be much higher..), but I'm not sure if you'll still have a little shadow or not.
 
Strap a business card in front of your flash to bounce it off the ceiling so you won't have harsh shadows from the lens.
 
1. gary fong flash bouncer thingy
2. hot shoe flash
3. no flash
4. smaller lens
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom