Wide angle lens for Canon T1i

RLS6381

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking for a wide-angle lens for my T1i. A local camera shop offers one by Crystal Vision that threads right over the Canon lens. The shop owners says this lens provides an 80% frame than the Canon wide angle lens. The Crystal Vision lens also includes "macro(s)" - and I'm not really sure what this means. The price is $249.

I'm fairly new to photography and am trying to complete my camera package. Any help/advice/suggestions are appreciated.

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerdrummphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do not buy the "Crystal Vision". It's not really a DSLR lens, just a filter. The optics are often not great, and will severely harm image quality.

You might be better off with a Sigma 10-20mm.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned, that 'lens' you mention is just something that screws to the front of your existing lens like a filter. It will give you a wider view, but the image quality would be disappointing to most of us (your expectations may vary). If you are on a tight budget and you want to try something...this might be an option...but as we said, don't expect great quality.

A much, much better option would be a wider angle lens (shorter focal length). I had a Canon EF-S 10-22mm and it was one of my favorite lenses. Really wide angle of view and great image quality. I only sold it because I upgraded to a camera that wasn't compatible. A less expensive option would be something like the Sigma 10-20mm.
Either way, it's going to cost a lot more than a cheap wide angle adapter/filter...but the quality is much better.

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I'm quite happy with my 12-24mm/4. It flares a bit, though. I'm changing, however, to the 11-16mm/2.8 model. The store gave me the wrong lens when I bought it, so I just pay the extra and hand in this one after 4 months of use.

Most reactions

New Topics