wide angle lens qustion

Amoore00357

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok i have been looking at lens's and i was wondering what is the benefit of using a ultra wide angle lens compared to a normal walk around lens.

I have a canon 60d with the 17-85mm lens and i am looking at canons 10-22mm wide angle thanks

Is this a serious question?

You get more coverage with an ultra wide...hence the name...ULTRA wide.

Like say you're in a small bathroom and you need to take a pic of a bride getting ready in the mirror. You can get the whole bathroom in the pic with an ultra wide.

Hope that helps.

You can fit more into your frame, or work closer to your subject in a small space (watch out for distortion though!) Plus, the wider your lens, the slower of a shutter speed you can hand hold, which might mean better shots in low light, depending on how steady you hold your camera.

Pros: You can use it for wide angle or perspective exaggeration.

Cons: You have to get really close to your subject to get the details and you can get too many things in your composition.

The 10-22 gives pictures that dull,boring faraway look with consummate ease. It encompasses a wide angle of view, and makes whatever is in the background look unnaturally tiny and small,in relation to whatever is in the foreground. The 10-22 zoom gives an untrained shooter the option to come back with hundreds of dismal,dull compositions, without hardly even trying.

The 10-22 gives pictures that dull,boring faraway look with consummate ease. It encompasses a wide angle of view, and makes whatever is in the background look unnaturally tiny and small,in relation to whatever is in the foreground. The 10-22 zoom gives an untrained shooter the option to come back with hundreds of dismal,dull compositions, without hardly even trying.

lol I take it you are not very good with a wide angle. It probably takes a little more work to use a lens like that to get interesting composition vs one you can zoom in from across the parking lot and see the eye lashes on the frog you are shooting. However, just because YOU can't get a good picture with it does not mean a lot of people cannot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back