Wide-angle of inside of the Cathedral

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any thoughts on this? Just trying to go for some unique angles...

14368_1273338197738_1358417452_769847_7901788_n.jpg

I enjoyed photographing cathedrals when I was in England and France. Personally, I would say, don't sweat the wide angle. The beauty is often to be found in the details.
I learned a couple things about cathedral photography. Tripods are seldom allowed. A kind word to the pastor and a little money dropped into the poor box can change that rule quickly. Respect for the worshippers is very important. European churches often have small wooden chairs all over the place. I used a small clampod instead of a tripod. Natural light pictures in the old cathedrals can be very beautiful and dramatic.

Any thoughts on this? Just trying to go for some unique angles...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think it,s a unique angle really, most shots of of cathedrals I have seen seen are looking up at the dome. agree with Rifleman, I would look for the small details, the worn pues, the brass doorknobs worn smooth over many yrs, those small alcoves, (the one in the centre with the figure has some cool light) the texture of stone carvings. I would sooner leave my uwa at home and take a macro lens.

unique or not, if you go for this angle try to get the whole ceiling in. it bothers me that the top is cut off. i find the round window with the blue-ish light intriguing, the eye goes there.

Most reactions

Back