What's new

wide angle wood

That is pretty cool... I like it! Very monochromatically abstract...
 
One of the best ones in this series. Consider cropping a little on the bottom and left to remove a couple of dark spots that are right on the edge and are a little distracting. This would also make the most interesting stuff in the center and top parts of the image larger in the frame.
 
I see a duck, beaver, crow, bat and snake!

Also see a lovely female spirit floating... could be a mermaid also...

;)
 
KenC said:
One of the best ones in this series. Consider cropping a little on the bottom and left to remove a couple of dark spots that are right on the edge and are a little distracting. This would also make the most interesting stuff in the center and top parts of the image larger in the frame.

Thanks for the comment, Ken. I'll look at cropping it.
 
cgipson1 said:
I see a duck, beaver, crow, bat and snake!

Also see a lovely female spirit floating... could be a mermaid also...

;)

Um..ya...that's what I see too...LOL..
 
That'll make a nice screen-saver. Almost as good as watching a woodfire do it's magic. Hypnotic.

Now... GO SHOOT SOME SEAWEED! (because you don't want to be a one-trick pony).
 
pgriz said:
That'll make a nice screen-saver. Almost as good as watching a woodfire do it's magic. Hypnotic.

Now... GO SHOOT SOME SEAWEED! (because you don't want to be a one-trick pony).

LOL...I see what you mean. I've had this comment a few times...so I'll give the answer I gave the others (but the comments are making me a little self-conscious):

I took my first wood shot on June 21...since then I have done little else....sorry, that's just my thing these days. I've been playing with cameras for almost 20 years now..I hope a month or two of wood doesn't ruin my reputation! If you really wanna see...I can post stuff that is pre-June 21..if you like, but I don't see me doing much else for the next few weeks. I live in a very unique area of the country for beach wood. Logging has been the main industry around here since the beginning of time...so there are certain spots with the most beautiful pieces...if you know how to see them ;).
MORE IMPORTANTLY, I am moving far far away in a few short weeks (to New Hampshire)....so I am gathering as much of this special stuff as I possibly can!!!! I take this wood stuff pretty personally...these wood images are mother nature's oil paintings, to me. The photos don't do justice to what I see in my mind half the time. You think I post a lot of wood? You should see my external hard drive!!..LOL. Hence...I aint doin nuttin but wood till then.

So...sorry! You guys are gonna have to put up with my wood addiction for a few more weeks :)

After that you guys get to see my shots from my drive across the country...can't wait
 
Oh yeah, keep shooting your wood!
Shoot as much wood as you can, while you can!


But seriously, yeah. I think there is totally a market for these. Take as many as pictures as you can so you can have a nice stock pile of them, even if you released them for sale a few here, and a few there, so you can keep the series fresh. They can be offered as limited prints.

You get my point, right?
 
Bitter Jeweler said:
Oh yeah, keep shooting your wood!
Shoot as much wood as you can, while you can!

But seriously, yeah. I think there is totally a market for these. Take as many as pictures as you can so you can have a nice stock pile of them, even if you released them for sale a few here, and a few there, so you can keep the series fresh. They can be offered as limited prints.

You get my point, right?

I appreciate the advice...I think I got your point. I'm gonna keep shootin this stuff, for sure. Alas, I am pretty hazy on releasing and selling. I've never done anything with my photos...so I'm kinda ignorant to that whole thing. But still...I think I get the point...maybe I should mix it up a bit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom