Wide angle

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I had that setup for a while (still do, but added more lenses) and it works great. I dont miss out on the 22-28 range at all. Tamron is a bit slow to AF in the dark, took me a few copies to get a tack sharp copy (tested mine vs a 24-70 and at f/5.6+, the Tamron outdoes the Canon).

I added a 50 1.4 and a 70-200 f2.8 IS to my set since and I'm covered for everything.

Will be upgrading the 10-22 to a 16-35 as I'm moving to full frame and get a 24-70 instead of the 28-75 as I'm shooting alot of low light shows and need that faster AF. Although I'll be keeping both the 10-22 and 28-75 as backup lenses. Might go the prime route, not sure.

Just thought I'd share my lens progression with ya :)

I love my Tokina 11-16, (and Nikon D90 which is a crop sensor) see sample shot here What draws attention in a glamour photograph? | Cultured Woman, LLC

Though it really depends what you shoot. For the kind of photography you mention, really wide may not be your thing.

Or it may if you need to get a whole expanse of buildings in place.

And, you probably really do need something from about 18-50mm range covered.

That is, if you just have a 50 and a real wide, you may feel like you need something in between..

Then again, that is how lens collections start and grow...

I have the 10-22 Canon and love it.

tcnightdrivesmall.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts in regard to using the manufacturers lens rather than a third party. One professional I respect says he always uses the manufacturers lens because he knows it was made for the body.

I'm thinking of getting a AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 ED lens... anyone got one, tried one...thoughts?

I AM in love with my tokina 11-16mm I got it about 2 weeks ago for some car shoots and it worked better than I thought! I LOVE IT!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back