Wife Headshot (Skin Smoothing before/after) CC

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, went out to dinner last night and figured while the wife was all dolled up, it'd be a perfect chance to take a headshot of her with some christmas bokeh :) Her skin isn't 'bad', but I figured I might give skin smoothing a shot. Is it overdone? Looks too fake? And how is the shot in general? Thanks.

Before:
5276330982_914819530a_b.jpg

After:
5275726939_c24c18ddf0_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

It seems you have lost some of the detail with the smoothing, making parts of the face a little too light. Maybe take it down a notch. And some dark space to the right that is not necessary, the star here is your beautiful wife. I do like the photo, don't take this small discussion as other than some thoughts.

Which parts exactly of the face are you referencing? I'm new to the smoothing thing, so you'll have to point out which exact parts are too light.

Around her eyes, nose and mouth.

I think you did a lovely job with the composition. The negative space does not bother me at all. I tend to do this with my head shots also. I don't think you over did. It definitely doesn't look fake. BTW, you have a beautiful wife.

I dunno, that looks WAY too fake for me. Plus the coloring is very corpse-like. And a distinct coloring line across her chest lol.

You may need to find a way to make the iris of the subject eyes smaller. I remembered maybe like using a flash light to flash the subject eyes or increase the ambient light.

I thought you did a fine enough job with the skin touching. It doesn't look overly processed like Women's magazine covers.

I don't know if like the black space on the right side much though, but good bokeh.

Your wife is stunning. You have managed to maintain the original tones with very subtle smoothing in the edit. I understand the composition choice with the lights and getting across that you are at a party. Nicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back