Wild West Modified Tour for C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these Friday and Saturday at the Desert Thunder Raceway as they were hosting the W.W.M.T. and am please with how a few came out. The only PP any of these have is the crop. Any suggestions on what I could do to improve next time? After viewing them on a bigger screen I wish I would have slowed my shutter speed a little to get more blur, but I'll take it as a learning experience.

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

I do not have any tips on how to improve them but I think these shots are great. Good work :thumbup:

great shots!

The only suggestion I can offer which might make some of them more interesting would be to decrease your shutter speed and pan for a longer time to increase the feeling of movement in the image.

Littlemike

The color is vibrant, and you are so close to the panning you are looking for..
Is this guy actually in the middle of leaving the track...unexpectedly?

Thanks for the replies everyone! I definately gained a lot of respect for those who can do a good job at panning shots. They're a lot more difficult than I thought!

Is this guy actually in the middle of leaving the track...unexpectedly?

Actually, SHE is in the middle of leaving the track unexpectedly...psh, women drivers :greenpbl:

Also, #4 is just re-entering the track after sliding off momentarily :)

I hate to say it but i love crash shots. 5 :thumbup: reminds me of smokey and the bandit!
Panning is tuff .. i have learned lol

I agree! Crash shots are my favorite, but usually don't go over too well when you're trying to sell the pictures to the drivers :er:

These are great but you can do better. I think the background are not blurred enough (shutter speed too fast).

I rented the first generation Canon 70-200 2.8L IS. I was also shooting with a Canon 5D Mk2, so there isn't a crop factor. The track owner let me get in the infield (where usually only workers are aloud to go) to get closer to the action and get better angles than I otherwise would have been able to get. Also, I couldn't help but notice you're from Gouverneur. I lived in Massena for just under a year :)

Totally agreed with the shutter speed. Next time I'll slow it down quite a bit more.

Totally agreed with the shutter speed. Next time I'll slow it down quite a bit more.

As an example, I am using the first 2.

ISO 400, 1/400th, f7.1, Exposure is excellent.

I would change your ISO also. If you were at ISO200, you would need to be at 1/200 for the same exposure. But the results would be more blur (which is what you're looking for!)

Good job on panning these.

I'm still a noob and can't give you any advice, just loved it! great action.
#4 & #5 rules!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back