Will an SB800 control a SB600 if on a D50?

LAW2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can't find the answer to this question. I have a D50 and trying to decide which speedlight to buy. I am new to photography. I think I should buy the SB600 and when I am ready for more flasehes then get a SB or SU800, but if neither will control a SB600 then my idea is wrong. What do you think? Thanks.

If you are talking wirelessly either flash will do or your pop-up will also act as the main control flash for one or both you can also turn the power way down on the pop up so it's harsh light is barely detectable so you can actually start wirelessly shooting before you even get the SB800

The D50 onboard doesn't have commander mode, it can't control slave flashes. You need an SB-800 on the D50 to control slave units. The SB-600 doesn't control slaves either. You can get the SB-600 now and add the SB-800 later to control the SB-600 remotely.

Thanks dsp921. Just to make sure I understand. You are saying that a SB800 will control a 600 remotely, right? This is exciting for me because I can afford the 600 soon but the 800 not for some time.

LAW2 said:
Thanks dsp921. Just to make sure I understand. You are saying that a SB800 will control a 600 remotely, right? This is exciting for me because I can afford the 600 soon but the 800 not for some time.

Yeah, the SB-800 can be used to control remote units. It'll control slave SB-600s or SB-800s.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back