Will this work with D800?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Will this recorder dock work with the D800? After shelling out $3k for the camera, and quite a bit more for a slider and fluid head, I don't have the dough to shell out for a $1k ninja, or $2k Samurai monitoring + recording system. So, will this with the proper disk record from the D800? It says the HDMI out from a 5D and 7D aren't intended for the device, but the D800 is the first camera with this functionality, so I doubt this applies to the D800.

What say you?
Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle SSD Field HYPERD/PT B&H

Mark

So you're gonna take it to the video side eh? Cool! I plan on playing with it but I'm not investing too much until I've got the still side nailed down ;) The link you posted doesn't work for me?

I've gotten my feet wet with video in the past My Youtube Channel (you can probably tell which are more serious. ;P), but I've got quite a bit of work planned out with video specifically for this camera. I can't wait to get deeper into it. I can say I'm nowhere near perfect with stills either, but I feel like if I don't get into this soon, I'm going to fall too far behind. I'm already getting into the game late. Plus, no one can deny the D800 has been built 50% for video. :p

So, I'd like to get more into personable narrative-type films, and Nikon has finally given me something I can buy that is a relevant upgrade from my D300s, and offers this as well.

Mark

EDIT: And as for the link, it works for me? Just search BHPVs website for "Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle SSD Field Recorder" ($180 version)

There is no problem for the link for me. I wish I could help though. I am not much into video thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back