Will this work with my camera? And...

JoshC.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I have 25 dollars to spend on amazon, and I want to use it for something photography related. I'm looking at this....

Amazon.com: Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control for Nikon P7000, D3000, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D7000, D70s, D80 & D90 Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics

as I am doing a lot of landscapes with long shutters, and I feel this would be a useful tool. But will it work with my D3100? It doesn't say so on the page, but when I searched D3100 on amazon this came up as a result.

Also, rather than this, could I find a polarizing filter for 25 dollars or less? Or will I need to spend more for those?

Thanks alot!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Web search results for 'wireless remote for d3100' indicate that the inexpensive nikon infra red wireless remote is not supported on the D3100. Some asian products do fill that role.

Look at any of the reputable online retailers and you will see that decent circular polarizers are a lot more expensive than 25 dollars. Try the second hand market.

I agree. You can get some pretty cheap remotes (wired or wireless) from Hong Kong and a $25 polarizer is likely a very low quality filter.

The D3100 is not compatible with the wireless ML-L3, you need to get a wired shutter release for Nikon.

*Edit; you guys beat to the punch. :er:

Wow, I can't believe Nikon didn't allow for wireless shutter release with the d3100. Looks like the ML-L3 doesn't work with the d7000 either.

ML-L3 is not compatible with 3100 as everyone has said ... the wired remote you are looking for is the MC-DC2

Sweet thanks for the feedback everyone! Very helpful!

Wow, I can't believe Nikon didn't allow for wireless shutter release with the d3100. Looks like the ML-L3 doesn't work with the d7000 either.

It does work on a D7000, i've used it...doesnt work with my d300s though

Last edited:
Looks like the ML-L3 doesn't work with the d7000 either.
One of the nice features on the D7000 is an IR port on the back of the camera so the ML-L3 isn't limited to being tripped from only the front.

Most reactions

Back