Windows

AlexanderB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Various windows. C&C is welcome!
$windows.jpg

There appears to be a lot of barrel distortion. I don't know if it's from the lens or an artifact of the stitching software. Other than that, I like the composition, although I might crop the doorway on the right because the awning is cut off.

There appears to be a lot of barrel distortion. I don't know if it's from the lens or an artifact of the stitching software. Other than that, I like the composition, although I might crop the doorway on the right because the awning is cut off.
Thanks for comments! May be this is an optical illusion, the angle of view is huge, somewhere near 150 degrees. Also the street also was rather sloppy :)
Just for fun overlaid lines over the image:
$windows_lined.jpg

Thanks for comments! May be this is an optical illusion, the angle of view is huge, somewhere near 150 degrees. Also the street also was rather sloppy :)
Just for fun overlaid lines over the image:
View attachment 26331

I'm not sure what you mean - the overlay just makes the distortion more apparent. At the top, the dark line that is very close to the upper edge in the center is clearly above the uppermost red line in the center and touching it at the left and right edges. The same for the window ledges near the lowest red line - they are on the line in the center and above it at the left and right. If by "an optical illusion" you mean that the distortion was artificially created by the stitching software, that is possible, but it definitely is there in the image.

I'm not sure what you mean - the overlay just makes the distortion more apparent. At the top, the dark line that is very close to the upper edge in the center is clearly above the uppermost red line in the center and touching it at the left and right edges. The same for the window ledges near the lowest red line - they are on the line in the center and above it at the left and right. If by "an optical illusion" you mean that the distortion was artificially created by the stitching software, that is possible, but it definitely is there in the image.
After your explanation I clearly see this with the top line, but not the bottom. May be it has something todo with the lens, 24mm 2.8D, maybe with not ideal handheld taken sources, maybe building itself... But I still like the photo, "lots of barrel distortion" for me is fisheye lens like distortion :) You have a sharp eye! Thanks for comments.

I like the image but I have to agree 100% with Ken – the distortion is very apparent. It's not just obvious when looking at the lines of the building; the red car doesn't look right either.

I thought that was just a stretched Peugot with a bad paint job....seriously.

I like the image but I have to agree 100% with Ken – the distortion is very apparent. It's not just obvious when looking at the lines of the building; the red car doesn't look right either.
This is not the distortion Ken talks about, it's just very wide angle view.

I know it is, but it's still distortion. In my opinion, the distortions (regardless of origin) are ruining an otherwise interesting image.

I know it is, but it's still distortion. In my opinion, the distortions (regardless of origin) are ruining an otherwise interesting image.
It's kind a point of this image. I could easily used only middle/left/right portion of the photo without that much distortion (as with 24mm lens possible). That way it is possible to see in one photo more than in real life standing there (in the middle of the building). Look at the windows left, right and in the middle. They all look a bit different. But thanks for your opinion :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back